UK bank accounts to be closed for people resident in Europe

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I think HSBC is not a British based Bank. Hong Kong registered. I have seen nothing from them yet about this card stuff so good business coming their way to soak up the excommunicated from the new Dynamic UK if indeed they are exempt from this banking situation.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I think HSBC is not a British based Bank. Hong Kong registered. I have seen nothing from them yet about this card stuff so good business coming their way to soak up the excommunicated from the new Dynamic UK if indeed they are exempt from this banking situation.
Has I understand it HSBC is one bank who have said they are not going to close any account , well not yet any way , their policy may change

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Has I understand it HSBC is one bank who have said they are not going to close any account , well not yet any way , their policy may change
It appears that HSBC play by their own rules. British Banks seem to follow the general British trend to obey the laws to the letter then some. You see the same law-abiding desire to change the rules of the withdrawel agreement and create conflict and create a scandel rather than wait until the need arises to take action. Whereas the EU, in particular France, would just ride the wave and totally ignore anything they didn't agree with when the time comes.

Even before Britain joined the EU, the citizens of an independant UK were not allowed to have a foreign Bank Account. I never knew the details but when I worked for an American computer company and was their tech rep in Luxembourg i was told by the then Midland Bank before they were swallowed up by HSBC that they would have to close my account if I had foreign bank account. Really weird. I ignored the request for my details and when HSBC took over I heard nothing more until this news reminded me just this last week. It seems to me that this attitude is a UK rule which takes precedance again in some form after UK leave the EU completely.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Banks In the UK are a big pain , try and open an account to see the hoop you have to jump through , some years back there was so many people that couldn't get an account that in the end there was push to invent a amount where you couldn't do much with it other then have money as your wages or your gov benefit then withdraw it through a ATM or pay for some thing by card , that all you could do with that account no internet banking, no DD or SO you couldn't even transfer to another person account .

I once arrived back and didn't notice my card had run out , I needed cash , I when into a branch of my bank , explain what had happen and I been away so new card was at home ,
Although I had my passport and my driving License they didn't want to give me any cash They said it wasn't prove it was me , I even offered to log onto my account and still they wasn't interested , in the end I made sure a fuse with so many people in the bank and Insis I no long wanted to deal with the so call personal manager and wanted to talk to the bank manage they offered my £100 as a good will measure, out of my account , not too sure where the good will comes into it .

Any way , I understand Nat west also are not going to stop people account .