Ugrib files wont download

PlankWalker

Visit site
I have bean unable to download Grib files from Ugrib over the last few days.
All I get is a message saying "The server could not be contacted".
Is any one else having this problem or is it me?

Plank

Obi

Visit site
Hi PlankWalker, I am seeing the same error with the additional information "The error code was: NameResolutionFailure". It started to happen a day or two ago. If I figure it out I'll post a reply.

Edit: I can't seem to find their website or any reference to it. I am pretty sure that when I downloaded my copy I did it via their website back in 2008. Perhaps they have ceased to be? I hope not, I really like UGrib.

Last edited:

Williwaw

Visit site
There is a note on the Zygrib website that they have been suffering a DDoS attack for weeks. Maybe the same is true for grib.us also.

Here is an alternative route to the US website. Enter this URL: http://62.148.188.51/GribData.aspx which takes you to a page in the Grib.US website. Here, you can select an area on a world map, rather like the Ugrib software, and download a 7-days forecast. The grib file can be opened in the Ugrib software, if you have it installed, or any other program that accepts it.

Note that you will have to log in to use this facility, or register first if you have not done so before (at top right of the screen).

Giblets

Visit site
Here is an alternative route to the US website. Enter this URL: http://62.148.188.51/GribData.aspx which takes you to a page in the Grib.US website. Here, you can select an area on a world map, rather like the Ugrib software, and download a 7-days forecast. The grib file can be opened in the Ugrib software, if you have it installed, or any other program that accepts it.

That's the site I use to import into Neptune Passage Planner. :encouragement: