Ugly boat contender thread

DAKA

Visit site
Ugly boat contender thread and where is it ?

DSCN0015.jpg

and on the plane

DSCN0011.jpg

Any one beat that , the new F42 or Jeanneaux 350 perhaps ;)

Last edited:

Bajansailor

Visit site
I dunno about 'ugly', but she is certainly unusual - its nice to see something different for a change! Looks like she escaped from a James Bond movie......

They are glass bottom boats with a difference, and there are two of them here that take tourists out on coastal cruises. They were built in Russia by these folk :
http://paritetboat.com.phtemp.com/glassbottomboat.htm

Where were your photos taken? (Maybe let it be a 'Whereizzit' competition?)

DAKA

Visit site

Thanks for all that info Banjansailor, I was searching to find out more and your links and details of the Russian connection are very interesting, we noticed the Russian presence in the area with many businesses now apparently Russian owned and a new Russian owned 20 meter Princess in the port.

Lets see if anyone gets the 'whereizzit'

Last edited:

DAKA

Visit site
Well done Neale :)

Spent half term there, sailing, diving and playing in a RIB.
Sunny and hot 22'-26' from dawn to dusk :)

Still not as relaxing as holidaying on your own boat, SWMBO thought it would be a good idea to escape early starts to catch wind with tide etc
but you still have to get up early to catch the Aeroplane, the queues to check in make Fuel berth queues feel like a mere blink and at least you have your own luxurious boat to wait on.
Frisked and have to take your shoes off and share a plane with 200-300 other passengers coughing and sputtering and arguing about staff feets and jaw locking; mature middle class types openly talking about dog fights like they are a daily occurrence in Yorkshire :eek:

Boating on the South coast with other MOBO owners and semi civilised raggies is far more enjoyable :)

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
I have

I dunno about 'ugly', but she is certainly unusual - its nice to see something different for a change! Looks like she escaped from a James Bond movie......

They are glass bottom boats with a difference, and there are two of them here that take tourists out on coastal cruises. They were built in Russia by these folk :
http://paritetboat.com.phtemp.com/glassbottomboat.htm

The current Mrs Shead claims to have seen a shark swim past whilst sipping too many chilled whites at the Beach House, I shall now tell her what they were!

I have seen them a few times out and about.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Richard, the current Mrs Shead possibly saw an actual shark or two, as well as these futuristic glass bottom boats, especially after partaking of some vino blanco at your Beach House - there used to be a tame shark that lived underneath our mooring - I used to see him wandering around near the bottom when I was scrubbing the boat's bottom.
Only a little fella, perhaps 4' long, but still quite a surprise to look down and see him.

I was down at the harbour here when the first Looker GBB from Russia was being unloaded after being shipped across the Atlantic - it really did look like a scene from a James Bond film with various shifty and very bulky Russians in dark sunglasses skulking around, and a typical Bond totty - tall, blonde pretty Russian lass - was tottering around in a mini skirt and stillettos taking photos.