TYPEFACE

NBDS

Visit site
Search not working so apologies if this question has been raised before.

We have one outstanding decision to make before boat completion and that is to choose a suitable typeface for the name, (builder says choose any) I am rather overwhelmed, we obviously want something that looks OK and is clearly visible from a reasonable distance.

Appreciate that this is subjective but any views or experience on suitable fonts and sizes would be greatly appreciated!

BrendanS

Visit site
Why not type the boatname into Word, then change the font until you find one you are happy with. You can start with the common ones like Arial, Courier, Times New Romam, then experiment a bit

michael_w

Visit site
I can recommend TRAJAN. Very classy, it's a reproduction of the font used on Trajan's Column in Rome.

sarabande

Visit site
Gill Sans

Clearly legible, no serifs, "honest" typeface, slightly formal. Looks good in a combination of u/c and l/c. You could move it to an italic font version if you want to emphasise a sense of movement.

Whelo

Visit site
this is mine

PB2001-1.jpg

It is "matisse ICT"

johnalison

Visit site
It all depends on what impression you want to make, but Lower Case is usually more legible from a distance, especially when size is constrained. A friend made up some vinyl letters for me from a standard font which we adapted to use a foreign symbol.