TV on Board

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
Your post was well recived and we did smile but technology moves on........... and if the TV also acts as a DVD, games player, computer monitor and music centre I can get rid of the gramaphone and myriad of board games, not to mention the 3cwt of paper backs now stored on the Kindle:D

Its a TV or singlehanding....................Hmm:D

Agree... a Sony Reader or similar and a TV?

Last edited:

Oceanmaster

Visit site
Richer sounds

A while back Richer sounds were doing a 15 inch 12V tv with auto tuning freeview (so if you changed location it reprogrammed itself) with DVD for 99 quid. I bought one and it is perfect but field of view is a bit narrow though. I run it on an wall mount swing arm bracket with an outdoor freeview arial from maplins fitted to the pullpit, its a light weight box. Works a treat and sounds good too. Also has VGA input for the techies. Search me for the name. I will be on the boat this weekend so if you email me I can let you know the make.
The TV I took off the boat was a panasonic and sounds used to go if the Batteries were on the low side. No problems with this. Kids watch TV or DVD when I motor so works at the higher end too.

http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/visual-innovations/vi1500dvd/visu-innov-vi1500dvd
this is the fellow. i'm chuffed to bits too

Last edited:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Kids watch TV or DVD when I motor so works at the higher end too.

Oh, that is so sad. Mine (well G-kids now) keep a look out for me & spot bouys & wild life. Counting jellyfish is a good competition. Looking up birds we see in a book teaches them new species (to them). They also have mackeral lines so we can catch lunch. They use the binoculars & compass to work out positions & helm the boat too.

They can play computer games & watch DVDs at home, I think that the boat should be different, something special, rather than just a room in the water. But there you go, I'm just a silly old frat aren't I? :confused: