TV in Holland

davidfox

Visit site
When i was in Holland last year, I couldnt get any picture at all on my TV, my brother in law said it was because they had gone digital and my TV wasnt.
Question.
if this is true, what is the cheapest way of getting reception over there, is there a box that I can buy? ideally 12 volt but i do have an inverter.
thanks

quaelgeist2

Visit site
If you have to look... a USB-connected small digi-receiver connected to your board-PC will do.
NL TV 1,2,3 not sure there is more.

Alternatively, almost everywhere a wifi network in the harbours, allowing for streaming TV of your favourite station via www.

cheers
christian

bradtarga34

Visit site
Did you try selecting Holland as the country you were in as we had to manually select Holland to get a signal, or was it to get sound, anyways, something like that? We have a small TV with a built in free view tuner that we got from Maplins, runs fine off the Status aerial.

Mal113

Visit site
How are you picking up the TV signal, by satellite or by terrestrial antenna? In The Netherlands they uses a different Pal system than the UK so you could get a picture and no sound or visa versa. If your TV has the ability to select a different PAL system by selecting a different country then it may work, if you cannot select a different Pal system then it will not. Why not purchase one of the freesat systems and a 19 inch dish then you will be able to receive UK programs look on the freesat site for info, I believe the signal is via the Astra satellite.

davidfox

Visit site
Hi,
My tv has the ability to select PAL and all the others, but it did not make any difference, still could not get any picture. I have Glomex aerial, sat dish seems not very useful if you are moving, we use TV to keep the kids occupied whilst we travel
if I get a freeview box, will that enable me to receive digital?