Turkish Lira weakening against GBP

Borden

Visit site
For those who are in Greece and feeling anxious about Grexit and the value of their Euros, take a look east across the Aegean. Today the Turkish currency has hit a new record of TL 4.30 to the £1 Sterling. Last year when I was in Kas we were getting TL 3.80. Yesterday before I flew back to the UK I managed a quick visit to an ATM and using my Saga Platinum card withdrew as much as I could at 4.26. I'm returning to Turkey at the beginning of September so know I will use it.
Turkey is great value for money right now and getting better by the day.

Last edited:

hartcjhart

Visit site
intel shows that more 'private' boats that visit the turks/africa coast will fall prey to traffickers as the eu clamp down on the 'large' vessels they use now,what that means is that 'boaters' sail and motor, will be at risk of confrontation,ie 1 member of crew taken captive until the boat sails with migrants.
dont believe me? see the headlines in 3 weeks time

hartcjhart

Visit site
This from the same group that tells you Chemotherapy cures cancer.....
actually I dont think the Home Office says anything about cancer

jeez there are some people,NO chemo does not 'cure' cancer it stops it,same as smoking does NOT cause cancer,same as an aspirin will stop a headache but will not cure the cause

sailaboutvic

Visit site
intel shows that more 'private' boats that visit the turks/africa coast will fall prey to traffickers as the eu clamp down on the 'large' vessels they use now,what that means is that 'boaters' sail and motor, will be at risk of confrontation,ie 1 member of crew taken captive until the boat sails with migrants.
dont believe me? see the headlines in 3 weeks time[/QUOTE}

Do you know you might be right , this morning I sew two bus loads of people leaving an hotel and four taxis , I think people are leaving Turkey . Althought it could just be the end of they holiday .

Last edited:

Resolution

Visit site
Last week we passed three big ribs heading from mainland Turkey (Sivrice) to Lesvos, each with maybe thirty people in them. Presumably illegals. They were singing and shouting and waved very cheerfully at us as they went by. Later we saw a large group on the quayside at Cesme guarded by the police and looking pretty bored. Must be lots getting across, but I think the locals have craft with better carrying capacity and speed than our yachts.

akyaka

Visit site