Turkey

Irish Rover

Visit site
What a delight to get out on the boat for a few hours today. Water temperature almost 20C so we had a delightful swim as well. There's a risk of rain tomorrow but I hope it holds off until we get another few hours before the weekend lockdown starting midnight tomorrow.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Some easing of restrictions announced tonight including lifting of travel restrictions for 7 provinces including Aydin, Muğla, Antalya and Mersin which if extended to boating would mean opening up the coast from Kuşadası almost all the way to the Syrian border. Here's hoping.

Last edited:

rib

Visit site
Some easing of restrictions announced tonight including lifting of travel restrictions for 7 provinces including Aydin, Muğla, Antalya and Mersin which if extended to boating would mean opening up the coast from Kuşadası almost all the way to the Syrian border. Here's hoping.
Some one here asked our cg. And yes you can get moving. But must stay put during curfew where ever you are. Anchorage or marina. ?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Some one here asked our cg. And yes you can get moving. But must stay put during curfew where ever you are. Anchorage or marina. ?
As usual they're making it up as they go along. There was some doubt last night whether the curfew would still apply to the 7 "freed" provinces but the consensus seems to be yes pending clarification. Makes no sense really as the other 50 provinces have no curfew. We're now going to have 3 different categories of province.
Can't help you on the lift out - I pay the exorbitant fees charged by Setur.

De.windhoos

Visit site
As usual they're making it up as they go along. There was some doubt last night whether the curfew would still apply to the 7 "freed" provinces but the consensus seems to be yes pending clarification. Makes no sense really as the other 50 provinces have no curfew. We're now going to have 3 different categories of province.
Can't help you on the lift out - I pay the exorbitant fees charged by Setur.
I thought that lifting in the Turkish Seturs was free with an annual contract?

Norman_E

Visit site
Does anybody know of a cheap lift out for doing own antifouling North of finike
Yachtmarine have very skilled lift out staff and will either prop your boat, or rent you a cradle, as an alternative there are about three little yards with lifts at the end of the bay at Fethiye. I was lifted in the slings at one a few years ago at reasonable cost.

I have no knowledge of it other than having motored close for a look but there is a new yard with a lift in the bay to the south and east of Bozburun, about 36 degrees 40.4 N 28 degrees 04.02 east. I would be interested to know if anyone has tried it.

Reactions: rib

Irish Rover

Visit site
The entire country will be under curfew for 4 days starting Saturday - It's the festival of Eid marking the end of Ramadan and a time family and friends would normally get together to celebrate. There's some speculation this might be a last big push and that restrictions will start to be eased thereafter. Let's hope so.

rib

Visit site
The entire country will be under curfew for 4 days starting Saturday - It's the festival of Eid marking the end of Ramadan and a time family and friends would normally get together to celebrate. There's some speculation this might be a last big push and that restrictions will start to be eased thereafter. Let's hope so.
Mean while we have been lifted out for antifouling etc etc in preparation for our new sailing freedom. In 45c plus in the yard.... Bad timing...

Irish Rover

Visit site
Mean while we have been lifted out for antifouling etc etc in preparation for our new sailing freedom. In 45c plus in the yard.... Bad timing...
It must be crazy hot and humid down south. Mid 30's here but not much humidity.
Where did you lift out, in the end?

rib

Visit site
It must be crazy hot and humid down south. Mid 30's here but not much humidity.
Where did you lift out, in the end?
Bit the bullet and paid for finike. There was not a lot in it in the end. Considering I'd have to travel a fair way with big fouling on bottom. Could only manage 3.5kts under engine. 4 kts sailing with 18kts wind. With my luck I'd of ended up motoring the whole way

Irish Rover

Visit site
We were out yesterday at our favourite swimming spot with our two teenagers and we had a visit from the coast guard. They told us the maximum permitted number on any boat is two persons [actually I knew this but have been ignoring it for a few weeks]. They gave a warning and said it will be noted so if we're caught again with more than 4 persons on the boat we'll all be fined individually and the boat licence will have a financial penalty as well. They were very calm and polite and I think they realise themselves the stupidity of this rule which allows the same number of people on a 3M rib and a 20M yacht [mine's not that big]. Both the girls are under 20 so we were actually breaking lots of rules although I imagine enforcing the age related curfew is not part of the CG remit.
I think this 2 to a boat is an Aydin Provence rule rather than national so I'd be interested to know if it applies in Antalya or elsewhere?

Resolution

Visit site
We were out yesterday at our favourite swimming spot with our two teenagers and we had a visit from the coast guard. They told us the maximum permitted number on any boat is two persons [actually I knew this but have been ignoring it for a few weeks]. They gave a warning and said it will be noted so if we're caught again with more than 4 persons on the boat we'll all be fined individually and the boat licence will have a financial penalty as well. They were very calm and polite and I think they realise themselves the stupidity of this rule which allows the same number of people on a 3M rib and a 20M yacht [mine's not that big]. Both the girls are under 20 so we were actually breaking lots of rules although I imagine enforcing the age related curfew is not part of the CG remit.
I think this 2 to a boat is an Aydin Provence rule rather than national so I'd be interested to know if it applies in Antalya or elsewhere?
Howabout two in the dinghy and two on board the boat?

rib

Visit site
Hi irish rover,do you have any news about visiting any of the greek islands by boat from turkey ?.we hope to start our season later this week heading north from finike you way

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hi irish rover,do you have any news about visiting any of the greek islands by boat from turkey ?.we hope to start our season later this week heading north from finike you way
From following the thread about Greece on here there's no news yet about Greece accepting boats from abroad. I'd imagine they won't start until 01 July earliest and it will be the same as flights with certain white list countries being allowed first. I'd be surprised if boats from Turkey will be on the first wave, if you'll pardon the pun.
We're planning to head south your direction as soon as we can but we're waiting for the government to lift this stupid curfew on under 18's (daughter 15). My original plan was to head south as far as Marmaris and cross to Rhodes and then island hop back north. If Greece opened now I'd cross directly to Samos to escape the curfew but I don't think that's likely anytime soon.
If you get as far as Kuşadası let me know and I'll buy you a beer.