Turkey Marina costs - a simple price list for my boat

affinite

Visit site
Vics recent thread about port fees in Greece has prompted me to start putting together a simple list of marina costs for Turkey, Cyprus and Greece. This was in order to weigh up our winter berthing options and I thought it might be of interest to others.
We recently completed the EMYR and in doing so called into quite a few of the Turkish Aegean coast marinas and also Karpaz Gate in N.Cyprus collecting 13m in-the-water berthing quotes as we went along.
As we left from Leros Ive also included their price.

It shows an interesting range of prices with the brand new marina at Oren being the most expensive. (We had the distinction of being the first boat to "officially" berth in Oren Marina but at those prices I suspect we wont be going back. Kumkuyu, our last Turkish marina didnt make our shortlist. Its probably very cheap but .....

Marina 12 months
Didim € 5,678.00
Oren € 5,678.00
Kas € 4,383.00
Finike € 2,074.00 (240 days)
Kemer € 3,332.00
Karpaz Gate (N.Cyprus) € 1,755.00 *
Agmar (Leros, Greece) € 2,950.00 **

I also have some quotes for just overwinter but Ive put up just the annual contract costs as they are all pretty much pro-rata.
Karpaz Gate is our favourite and a great price but at the corner of N.Cyprus its in the wrong location for us this year.

All prices in Euros
Prices are for a 13.1m x 4.1m yacht
* 3 month frozen contract. Can leave for up to 3 months eg summer cruise and time will be added onto end of contract
** Storage on land with 2 lift in/out and pressure wash. 30 Days at Lakki marina

affinite

Visit site
You don't mention whether your preference is to winter aboard, Affinite. But if it is, I can tell you that Kas marina is a graveyard whilst Finike is excellent. There's clearly more to this than price.

I agree. We had breakfast with the manager at Finike just a few weeks back.
V.Nice chap who really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome.
If we were staying onboard overwinter, Finike would be my no 1 choice.
When you talk of graveyards - Kumkuyu and Karpaz Gate topped that particular table for us. And that was in June !

finikeyachting

www.finikeyachting.com
Dear Friends,

Please read yachties comment on wintering in Finike Marina:
http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Turkey/Countries/Turkey/wintering-in-finike
If you have more questions or need additonal information, please feel free to contact me by email finikeyachting (at) gmail dot com
Best regards,
Samet Golgeci

HLR of CA in Finike
Station hoist of SSCA in Finike
POR of OCC in Finike

truscott

Visit site
Not sure if it helps, but for us at Marmaris Yacht Marina our 12.2 Meters with the CA discount of 5% for a 6 month contract is EUR 1609 all up (including tax). There are a few of us wintering over here this year, but not as many as in years past apparently.

Cheers, PT

AndrewB

Visit site
Really useful information. But I am surprised by your figure for Oren. I berthed there for the whole of July 2018 and although I didn't keep a record, remember thinking that the monthly rate was so low that it would be well worth moving from Greece. The Oren marina was new and good, with most services available on site. But it is situated in a rather remote village. Turkey's strict pump-out rules made being a liveaboard awkward, as the marina did not have a pump-out facility. However there was an almost direct bus service to the international Millas-Mugla airport, very convenient for a home visit.

P.S. Thank you, Affinite below, for pointing out that this is a zombie thread of his, and no longer so useful.

Last edited:

affinite

Visit site
Really useful information. But I am surprised by your figure for Oren. I berthed there for the whole of July 2018 and although I didn't keep a record, remember thinking that the monthly rate was so low that it would be well worth moving from Greece. The Oren marina was new and good, with most services available on site. But it is situated in a rather remote village. Turkey's strict pump-out rules made being a liveaboard awkward, as the marina did not have a pump-out facility. However there was an almost direct bus service to the international Millas-Mugla airport, very convenient for a home visit.

Don't forget this thread is nearly 8 years old !