Turbo pressure ,

Seastoke

Visit site
So out at the weekend boat ran great ,but starboard engine was registering 10 more than port is this normal, was running just under 3000rpm , engines vp 370hp D6

Eren

Visit site
Please specify the figures. There is difference of 10 between "5 and 15" or "920 and 930" means totally different.

julians

Visit site
Ah OK, so 10kpa difference works out to be a out 1.5 psi difference, which in my opinion is no big deal

superheat6k

Visit site
Divide kPa by 100 to get the figure in Bar, so 160 = 1.6. So 0.1 Bar = 1.5 psi variation

Slightly different prop speeds, light fouling, or slight differences in after cooler / air filter cleanliness could easily cause such differences and could cause such a difference in the effort from the engines. Some suggest balancing engines on Turbo pressures rather than revs.

Kawasaki

Visit site
Divide kPa by 100 to get the figure in Bar, so 160 = 1.6. So 0.1 Bar = 1.5 psi variation

Slightly different prop speeds, light fouling, or slight differences in after cooler / air filter cleanliness could easily cause such differences and could cause such a difference in the effort from the engines. Some suggest balancing engines on Turbo pressures rather than revs.
Could be cleanliness
I have been on the boat when his wife ain’t there
Just message our mate to remind him
New cutlass bearing etc whilst ashore recently
Did ‘spin’ it ashore before she was chucked in
Tight as Bruce K’ wallet folks!
But as it would be should be
The shaft I mean!
When chucked in we had no time/ tide to test the new fitment but ran Her up whilst wharped in gear just in case
Oil levels etc as yer do
You checked the gearbox level again Mate after yer trip?

Eren

Visit site
I also don't think that it is a major difference. I agree with the above that it may occur due to various reasons. It is OK to let some time pass and keep on checking it. As you can read the turbo pressures, I assume that you have diagnostic screens. It is good to take photos of them regularly at same engine speeds (i.e. always at 1600 amp) and keep these photos as future reference. Then you will know the "standards" of your engines and you can check and compare if there are any significant differences at the figures throughout the time.

BruceK

Visit site
Could be cleanliness
You checked the gearbox level again Mate after yer trip?

Two points on that. It was mint until we crashed it raiding the funboxes. And can we check the funbox level before next long weekend.

iCgGV4B.jpg

She went well. Cracking boat.

4T6gUng.jpg

Q2bXY7X.jpg

PBZfkMh.jpg

we had a blimmin marvellous time. Welsh Med. At one point we recorded 25 C while at sea. I thought of Vas and even took off my t-shirt :D

Seastoke

Visit site
Two points on that. It was mint until we crashed it raiding the funboxes. And can we check the funbox level before next long weekend.

iCgGV4B.jpg

She went well. Cracking boat.

4T6gUng.jpg

Q2bXY7X.jpg

PBZfkMh.jpg

we had a blimmin marvellous time. Welsh Med. At one point we recorded 25 C while at sea. I thought of Vas and even took off my t-shirt :D

was that huabloo in the prestige

vas

Visit site

:D

enjoy your mini summer!
for us down here, we enjoy an (almost) daily drizzle and temps good enough to work on the boat, so cannot complain :D
I expect decent weather for end of June July, August and September and I'm afraid it will be too bleeding hot after all the cool spells we've had this year :(

V.

Mr Googler

Visit site
:D

enjoy your mini summer!
for us down here, we enjoy an (almost) daily drizzle and temps good enough to work on the boat, so cannot complain :D
I expect decent weather for end of June July, August and September and I'm afraid it will be too bleeding hot after all the cool spells we've had this year :(

V.

Dont worry....water temp is 8c currently.

I’ll send the pictures of those welsh tubs to the Isle of Man civil defence. We need to be ready to repel borders when that lot appear over the horizon. No way is there enough alcohol to satisfy their needs! :)