Trying to buy Corrosion X

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Having just been told that the Chandlers in the Channel Islands cannot send this product by post and having visited the manufacturers web site that only list USA distribution, I am currently trying to find a UK mainland suppliers of this product - which seems very good. Does anyone know of such a supplier?
Kind regards

Paul

G

Re: Try SuperPaper instead!

Haven't you tried SuperPaper? This requires no effort at all, and I can send you some today. They are small sheets of paper-like material and really amazing! All types of marine tradesmen will do almost anything to get their hands on SuperPaper. People of the opposite sex will go weak at the knees. There really isn't a single member of the population who doesn't instantly recognise the attraction of SuperPaper! The must-have accessory for every new boat owner.

Superpaper is not a trick. Printed on high-quality watermarked paper, a beautiful picture of the Queen's head on one side and erm an old chap John Houblon that nobody has ever heard of on the other, perhaps, each is available at the special offer price of £79.99, or two for only £150, or ten for only £625! Hurrah.

Much better than snake oil, soltron, corrosion x, bugaway, Twaddlepolish, Boat Slop, Instant beat-the-tide dehydrated water, HappyWife Face Spray, StickySand Anchor Adhesive Aerosol or any other chandlery-based improbable yet decent-looking cans of rubbish that nobody except a halfpissed boatie would buy in the first place....

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Try SuperPaper instead!

Yep ....SuperPaper is something that is used to battle corrosion everywhere - its the stuff that you use a lot of when you take no steps to battle corrosion or investigate which product is the best for holding it back.

I do have a supply of this 'SuperPaper' - since getting the boat, my stock of it has taken a real bashing but it is in effort to slow down the rate of that bashing that I am going over the boat and enjoying putting lots of small things right and that includes corrosion protection in many different forms/

Does that make me a "halfpissed boatie "? .... the verdict is awaited.

What do you use to protect your, for example, engine oil sump against corrosion? I fully appreciate that not everyone wants to discuss such personal matters as how they protect their oil sump .... so, I suppose in even asking the question, I am just confirming my "halfpissed boatie" classification!!!!!!

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Try ALCO-OIL!

The trick is Gludy.
Take big oil can in one hand and bottle of whiskey in the other.
Take swig of whisky and then try to get the oil down hole on top of engine.
If oil go's down hole. Take another swig.
Carry on this proceedure untill engine is covered by oil and rust free.

Haydn

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Try ALCO-OIL!

Surely that's the expensive way - I never need the whisky to achieve same results!!! However your method sounds much more fun. I think ipc should allow tests by regulars using their supply of balvennie - seems to be about the only way I'm ever gonna get my grubby mitts on a bottle.