Trotman Barge at Weybridge and What a mess it is !

Actionmat

Visit site
Don't think of it as a barge, think of it as massive middle finger, stuck in the face of a Council and an impotent Environment Agency. I wonder how long it wil be before the anglers downstream lands one of his brown trouts in their nets? .:disgust:

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I wonder what the new owners of D'Oyly Carte island have to say about it. I think they might own that bit of land.

It was awfully kind of the EA to get their nice tug Falconbrook out and move the boat. Its quite a long way to yhe station from there though.

Actionmat

Visit site
The new owners got rid of all the moorings, which must have been a PITA for the berth holders. I don't imagine they'd be too pleased to see Trotman.
Why would the EA have towed it(again)to private land?

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I don't suppose the EA towed it there but they did facilitate its movement from the Teddington area I believe.
I know the new owners of the island cleared the moorings. Is the barge in the left hand side of the photo underway or moored? I guess its underway. Have not been there since last year when there were no boats on the island.
Not certain this mooring where the favela boat is located is their land (D'Oyly Carte) but when the island was advertised for sale it seemed to include a bit of riverbank land as well as the island. If he has problems with local authorities it would make sense to put the boat there and see what happens. Its like Tom and Jerry.

Last edited:

Actionmat

Visit site
Sorry, I thought you meant the EA had towed it again. Does anyone know who keeps relocating him? That particular vessel of his flophouse fleet is unpowered

stingrayfan

Visit site
There is another one of his floating eyesores hogging about 3 moorings on the lay by at Sunbury lock too. Causing real probs yesterday. Waiting boats all over the place. Surely EA will have to shift it?

That one at Weybridge is pretty grim too!

Actionmat

Visit site
There is another one of his floating eyesores hogging about 3 moorings on the lay by at Sunbury lock too. Causing real probs yesterday. Waiting boats all over the place
Is the Dutch steel boat 'Bounty' still hogging the public moorings just downstream of the lock? That use to be a great spot to stop for a picnic or a trip to the boot sale. I was hoping that the council might have moved him on, as the area around that boat was a minefield of rubbish and used toilet paper that last time I walked past it.

There was an article on the news this morning, pushing for councils to greatly increase on the spot fines for littering and fly tipping. That could have interesting consequences for the bucket and chuck it brigade.

Last edited: