TRIM TABS 2

G

ANY PRINCESS OWNERS OUT THERE MANAGE TO RIDE LEVEL WITH ANY SORT OF WIND BLOWING. YOU GET 1 SIDE UP THE VICE VERSA ANY SUGGESTIONS

TIGER NEW USER

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Good morning mr Tigerman. Please do not write in capitats. It gives me a headach

Dont think your going to stay level for long on a rough sea. You can try triming one side down more than the other. But this rarely works for long and some consider it dangerous.

Your message is some what brief so dificult to know what problems you are experiencing. So have to guess.

Following sea. Nose up.
Sea on the nose. Nose down.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue> Haydn

G

I hope your headache has retreated I use nurofen plus
and now on your rec. lower case.

re:trim tabs the nose always seems to lean to port even if I manage to adjust the steerage alters and your back to square one

<hr width=100% size=1>

Divemaster1

Visit site
- Believe that a V shape hull, when on plane will lean into the wind by default, so wind conditions affects your trim.
- Adjusting the trim tabs, affects the steering.... eg. SB trim down, lifts SB Stern and therefore lowers P Bow, which will give turn to port. (In theory, with failed rudders, you can steer with trim tabs).
- Speed will affect the effectiveness of the trim tabs (the faster you go, the less trim you need on the tabs to make any changes in boat's trim).
- There is always a time lag between pressing the trim, until actions take effect, so do small adjustments and wait to see effect. (with time this becomes natural)
- Always start trimming the boat with 0 trim on the tabs, then gently does it..
- Don't expect the trim tabs (or wind) to have any significant effect against the lean below 12K, so below that speed, weight distribution on the boat will affect the lean.

Find it hard to believe that the boat leans to Port with full Port Trim tab under cruise speed. (May indicate faulty trim pumps on one of your tabs)

<hr width=100% size=1>Alf