Trim tab ram help please.

mad_boater

Visit site
I know I have posted for help before on this problem but I have drawn a blank.
I asked for help regarding taking an Eltrim ram apart which I have now done for the replacement of the potentiometer which I now know to be the fault.A forumite replied that the 'pot' 4k7 was available from Farnell's.I rung them up with no success I also tried RS components no luck there either.could anyone suggest anywhrere else to try.
Thanks

PRH

Visit site
I asked for help regarding taking an Eltrim ram apart which I have now done for the replacement of the potentiometer which I now know to be the fault.A forumite replied that the 'pot' 4k7 was available from Farnell's.I rung them up with no success I also tried RS components no luck there either.could anyone suggest anywhrere else to try.
Thanks

No idea of the physical size but you could try Rapid Electronics

oldgit

Visit site
Thanks

Can you post pix ?

ianduff

Visit site
You are correct, Farnell do not list this part any more. I have found a company Awatronic (020 3287 2904) that list a 2K2 or 10K (CIPGST258M10KA). You could use a 10K and connect two 4K7 0.5W resistors from the slider to each end of the pot or just use a 2K2-it would probably be OK. Even if Awatronic does not trade any more the web site shows what you need.

mad_boater

Visit site
You are correct, Farnell do not list this part any more. I have found a company Awatronic (020 3287 2904) that list a 2K2 or 10K (CIPGST258M10KA). You could use a 10K and connect two 4K7 0.5W resistors from the slider to each end of the pot or just use a 2K2-it would probably be OK. Even if Awatronic does not trade any more the web site shows what you need.

Thanks for that Ian.I managed to buy 2 off the guy on Ebay in the end.
Ian