Trident drysuits?

lw395

Visit site
Buy something that fits.
Trident are a well respected dinghy brand. A lot of dinghy sailors from that cold area North of Gloucester us their kit and rate it.
I would suggest going to a retailer who stocks a selection of brands and trying them on.
Crewsaver for instance make so good kit that people like, but not much of it fits me. That's probably my problem not theirs. Not dissing them, just saying we don't all have the same proportions. This is a far bigger deal than saving a few quid.
I commend Typhoon drysuits, but only if it fits you.

Where are you? Maybe someone can suggest a retailer.
Central South, Pacer Marine and Andark have been good to me for drysuits. But my current Typhoon was bought some 7? years ago.

Having had a suit with fabric, as opposed to latex, feet, I would not go back. Although for me it means size 'huge' wetsuit boots.

GTom

Visit site
I am in North Wales, afraid not many retailers in the 100M radius:(. I'll check the chandlery in Beaumaris, but unlikely. I have an Aqualung diving drysuit (valves, etc and no breathing), if other manufacturers work with similar sizing, I'll be fine...

Speaking if crewsaver, wasn't aware, that it's a trident brand, they seem to be well priced.

Last edited:

ShinyShoe

Visit site
Trident will custom make for you if you send them measurements.

Not sure if they do fabric feet these days (when I bought my last they didn't and I went with a Typhoon).

Think about how to get in and out etc. Back Vs front Vs round the middle. Think about pockets etc.

Neoprene seals much more comfortable than latex.

ShinyShoe

Visit site
Breathability... Always a bit of an issue... If you have a buoyancy aid over the top you stop any of that area breathing well unless your buoyancy aid is designed to breathe

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
I am in North Wales, afraid not many retailers in the 100M radius:(. I'll check the chandlery in Beaumaris, but unlikely. I have an Aqualung diving drysuit (valves, etc and no breathing), if other manufacturers work with similar sizing, I'll be fine...

Speaking if crewsaver, wasn't aware, that it's a trident brand, they seem to be well priced.

Hi Tom I can well recommend the 'Rubber Man' in North Wales for both new suits, made to measure and repairs https://www.rubberman.co.uk/home.html I have also used Trident who are also good
Mike

GTom

Visit site
Btw, is there a more detailed size chart? The one on the trident website shows only height and chest, got more parts than that...

ribdriver

Visit site
Over the years I have had;
Diamond (now defunct I think) x 2 as first one was porous
Musto
Typhoon
Crewsaver
Trident
Typhoon again

I’ve had typhoon twice for a reason. One is my current one.
My experience was if you want breathable...Typhoon lead the way.