Transport to & from UK to Greece

John_Parkes

Visit site
I believe (according to a liveaboard here in Kemer) there used to be a regular transport service between Lefkas and the UK. Does anyone know if a service still operates from Lefkas or any other Greek destination? If so the contact details please. We need to bring an engine over to the Eastern Med.

Thanks

John

annamals

Visit site
There's also a sign up on the noticeboard in Preveza Marine - or there was last year - for someone who does van runs. Could be useful?

Magor3

Visit site
Definitely buyer beware. We've also had awful problems with 121Transport recently (March-April 2016). They are the Hauliers from Hell... who do not respect any agreement, pick up 36 hours late, when you've moved heaven and earth to make the originally agreed time and date. Who throw things around onto the pavement and into the van and leave 20kgs of the agreed load on the street (and that's after threatening to leave EVERYTHING on the street because we had not taken our boxes down ourselves to an unsecure lobby before their arrival). Who disregarded the delivery date set with our kind Greek neighbours and did not even tell us that they’d changed the date/time of delivery to suit themselves. And put the ‘phone down on my husband when he asked them why they had re-arranged the delivery without warning us.

They also OPENED ALL OUR BOXES in our house in our absence, brutally tearing some of the packaging (including the box of a steam cleaner, which was a present for our neighbours), when we’d offered to set a mutually suitable date to open the boxes together to avoid any problem should something be damaged. Then, they blamed the opened boxes on a ‘French Customs Inspection’ but were unable to provide the certificate they should have received at said Customs, saying ‘what good would it be anyway?’ We later found out that our neighbours saw them open the boxes in our house. They refused point blank to meet with us to discuss the matter and resolve it amicably, instead sending us absurd self-justifying emails. They are both rude, totally unable to accept their wrongdoings, have the most utter contempt for customer care, they are unhelpful AND expensive too.

There’s a new kid on the block who now does the UK-Lefkas run. He’s called Spiros Avlonitis and is recommended on the Friends of Lefkas Marina Facebook page. We are just very sorry we did not know this before we booked 121 Transport.

billcole

Visit site
I'm about to use a transport firm called New Euroline, Hilary and Christos Tzallas who were recommended to me by an ex-ex-pat who used to have a house in Parga.
Hilary is British and Christos is Greek.
Their UK base is in Daventry, It sounds like they do regular runs to the Levkas area, and they've quoted me a reasonable rate to take a small car roofbox full of stuff from Daventry to Preveza .

TRUNDLETRUC

Visit site
Have used New Euroline for the last 5 years. Very reliable and professional. Allow a couple of weeks for your stuff to get there. They take a lot of stuff out for charterers. Ring Hillary 01327 700020.