Transatlantic shipping times

Visit site
From the point when an excited UK owner phones up a shipping company and says please transport my new (second hand) yacht from East Coast USA to Southampton, how long does it take before the said yacht is available for collection on the dockside in the UK?

I am not that "excited owner" just yet but I am checking out the whole theory of purchasing in the States.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ric

Visit site
They only make runs in summer I think, so you would have to wait until then. It is also very expensive. It makes much better sense to sail it back yourself.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ric

Visit site
They only make runs in summer I think, so you would have to wait until then. It is also very expensive. It makes much better sense to sail it back yourself.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mizzenrabble

Visit site
Depending on size.....A friend of mine regularly ships things here. He recently bought a trailable ski boat 26' including trailor. took eight weeks cost 2k. Don't forget import duty...They do ship throughout the year.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Dodger_jnr

Visit site
Hi Mate Iwas the ecited sailor to be, being told by my 1st mate, financial advisor. & wife that I could have £25.000 for our dream yacht. Once the house was sold,It was at this point I was looking on the internet and fell in love with a 11mtr, wheel steer for sale in some island. quick check in the atlas, its north of New York this yacht was 1986, £20,000, i couldnt beleiv it, you cant buy a 1976 Moody 30 with wheel str for that so I contacted a shipping cmpy , 1st you have to use there cradle $800 no probs I thought, 2nd the cost was aprox $8,000 to Sth/ton still in with a chance, then the kind gentleman said dont forget import duty.% of the boat price, then VAT he worked it out for me it ended up £18,000 on top,I often dream of being man enough to sail it home my self. when I contacted the yacht agent and asked if the said yacht was up to cross Atlantic, he said HE would'nt chance it,,but said he had yachs that would, I down loaded the pictures for a while as my desk-top screen. I;v let that dream go and am looking for a moody 1976 whl/str

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
It does mount up but how did you arrive at £18,000 of tax on a cost of around £25,500 as shipped to the dockside at Southampton.

Surely the amount to be demanded by Customs & Excise is:

£25,500 x 17.5% VAT x 1.5% import duty = £ 4845.

<hr width=100% size=1>

poter

Still going south currently in Corsica for winter
www.fairhead.com
You can buy a 1976 Moody wheel steer for less than £20,000, I know I bought one in September last year, The prices you see advertised are just the Agents optomistic valuations.
But be prepared to put a lot of time & dosh into it. Although she is worth it. I can give you a complete breakdown of costs on almost every bit, except the sails & engine, which were ok on Shady.
PM me if you want details.
Some pics here:
http://www.fairhead.com/peter/pics/page_01.htm

poter

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
You need to speak to Peters & May - they have an outstanding reputation, and really know their market. They will, of course, sort out all the paperwork as well.

Gerald price would be a good starting point - he is organising the shipping of my new toy from California in May - that will take nearly 4 weeks, it is a long way mind you, and at least the new toy will be underdeck, and not subject to too much wear and tear.

gerald@petersandmay.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

RacePassage

Visit site
Have you spoken with Dockwise? I had my boat (Nich 38) shipped from Mexico(W.Coast) back to Vancouver for US$5000. This line ships from Florida to the Med. and Channel Ports.

<hr width=100% size=1>