Trailor Boating

boatmad2

Visit site
To all of us devoted trailor boaters, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Pease see my post :Trailor Boat Forum that is posted on the General Discussion Forum.
Also see the reply from Kim.
If we would like our own forum site and are willing to use it now is our chance, dont waste it.

coliholic

Visit site
We had a caravan for years before starting boating and it was tremendous fun. Used to travel in convoy with some friends also towing a 'van and with two way radios would see how long a queue we could get building up behind us. On single lane roads, as soon as there was a gap in traffic coming the other way, the rear most caravan would pull out and overtake the other one, thus causing all the fuming drivers behind to sit there gnashing their teeth, 'cos they couldn't get past. We had some real giggles at the antics of other motorists. The kids used to think it was hilarious. Rigged up a special mirror for the kids in the back so they could see behind too and they'd shout out. "Quick Dad, there's someone going to overtake. Pull out and pass Chris".

On the road from Cherbourg we managed a five mile overtake, could see so far ahead, and there was nothing coming towards us so I was doing 54 overtaking my mate doing 53.5 only pulled in at the "last minute", when someone was coming the other way, traffic queue behind us off the ferry was really impressive.

The other good one, especially 'cos we had two way radios before they were really legal here, was the lead caravan going round a blind bend would see that road's clear and radio through the OK, so you actually pull out to overtake on a blind bend. Could make out some startled faces in the cars behind in the mirrors.

Ah well those were the days before road rage eh?

Falcon71

Visit site
I can see that road rage was invented specifically for you. Mind you I've had it pointed out to me that boating is only wet caravanning....and is only fun because you pay so much for the pleasure,.... anyone for caravanning for a fraction of the price?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Trailer Boating

If we lost the Trailer Boaters from the general motor boating forum we would lose their valuable input, vice versa they would lose ours. There is no division between those of us on a berth and those on a trailer so why create one?

ô¿ô

ChrisP

Visit site
Funny you should say that. We used to see how much swing we could induce in the caravan by getting the artic as close as possible to the caravan. With a bit of luck and a sidewind you could induce enough swing to force them off the motorway.
Strange the games people play.

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Trailer Boating

Yes I agree, they may even trade up one day to something bigger, stick around guys we have fun here. :)

BarryH

Visit site
Don't want to be a pessimist here, but it aint gonna work, Good idea tho, info on launch sites and stuff, weekend pis, er get togethers and stuff. But you'll always get treated as second class citizens. as if you just dabble in the boaty thing.

I rekon give it a go for say a month or so, see how it goes, still dont think the powers that be will shelve the idea tho.

jfm

Visit site
closet caravanner tcm is outed.....

Agree we should just keep the one MBC forum. We had this salami slice debate recently. I'm a trailer boater and a berth boater BTW.

The best caravanning is to be seen at SantaPod and such like, last race of the evening :)

TCM may scoff but he admitted to me only last week that he bort a caravan a while back and still has it. Praps TCM stands for "The Caravan Man"?

Col

Visit site
Re: closet caravanner tcm is outed.....

Into drag racing eh ?
So whats your favorite, T/F, Funny cars, Pro mod????
Havn't been for a few years, but I love the fuel funnies ( shame Harlen Thompson + Tom Hoover don't race now)

jfm

Visit site

Axshully not really, maybe I got the venues mixed up (is SantaPod exclusively straight line drag?). I meant those banger racing circuits where the last race is Sweeney style Granadas towing caravans, and they all end up as dustpan and brush jobs, hilarious, a very fitting end for these plywood and foil masterpieces

Col

Visit site

Santa pod = 1/4 mile, straight and flat.
Used to be involved in stock car and banger racing in my yoof! Great laugh, Ok till you discover boating takes up even more of your time !