Totally irrelevant

burgundyben

Visit site
So, it seems that postings on this forum that are totally irrellevant to the subject of motor boating are de-riguer, in which case, without calling anyone anything rude and being chucked off by Kim (is that a bloke or a bird?) I might take the chance to enquire if anyone wants to buy a 1984 Porsche Carrera? Send PM for further info.

Ooh, and a relevant point, after a barely relevant discussion in another thread about propellor pitch I have decided to go for a 16 by 18 with a DAR of 60%, I'll post a note to say what difference it makes (if any)

How do I post a little picture of me next to my postings? (There may be a risk of cracked screens)

oldgit

Visit site
Re duff old porker

Have they invented a kit yet that allows you to fit the engine where it belongs ie. in the front yet?

burgundyben

Visit site
Re: Re duff old porker

NO kit to move the engine but you can turn the seats round and move the steering hence it becomes front wheel drive, lhd, with engine in the right place, down fall of this conversion is only 1 forward gear and 5 reverse.

Its 500 quid plus £9,500 delivery charge....

Hmm, now to find a PICTURE ON WEB TO LINK TO, BUGGER i 'V HIT THE caps lock, oh there, its gon again.....

BarryD

Visit site
Re: answer

Funnily enough JFM I heard the same joke tol' about BMW drivers.... far be it from me to comment of course, and totally safe in the knowledge that I'm changing car so you can't retaliate <G>

BTW I won't be buying a Nissan (or BMW Magent as they are called) so even safer....

Barry D

jfm

Visit site
Re: Nissan matter sorted

Funnily enuf, the Nissan guy never contacted me or made a claim or anything. You did give him the right address? Tcm was right, uninsured taxi guy, probly on his sixth car and had another 10 smashes since then.

Wotya buying anyway?

BarryD

Visit site
Ahh the hush money worked...

Either that or just giving out any one of the pointless KPMG Auditor cards I keep in my wallet! Looks like it is going to be an older Alfa 156 2.5v6 - six speed gear box with loads of whoooshhh. 30 - 100 in about five seconds. Should be fun and it leaves me more money for the floating pit!

Barry D

jfm

Visit site
Re: Fiat Alfa stuff...

Good choice. Incidentally, I've been dealing with your and our local Fiat/Alfa dealer (Camden in wolverton), getting a Punto for son, collect it tomorrow. They seem massively strapped for cash, will take silly offers, I was stunned by what they agreed to pricewise. So dont offer anything near the window sticker price if you're buying from them. Lemme know if you want £££ details, we got it 20% below window stciker price with the full warranty package thrown in etc