Too much for Chimet ?

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Please also keep in mind www.ybw.com/weather from where you can obtain location weather reports at a great many places around the UK coast, including the Solent and approaches. This service won't stick (a common hazard with buoy-based weather stations) as it relies upon computer modelling and a whole raft of reporting points.

Can also obtain this service direct by clicking on <Weather> on the bottom navigation bar of www.yachtingmonthly.com

G

Kim, I used the ybw weather site and found it very useful.. especially as the boat I had to move on Sat was at Hamble point marina and I was able to see wind direction/force. However I also tried to look at Brighton and Dover but these were listed off line. Are they coming back?

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Ahhh...you found the bug! There is a period of approx 2min every hour where the data file is being overwritten by the new one from the Met Office. The data that arrives is several thousand kilobytes in size, hence the length of time. At the moment that makes all time and place data unavailable for the period of the upload (at a guess it happened after you moved from Hamble Point to Brighton or Dover). Bit of a pain, but in such circumstances, if you check shortly afterwards the new data should be on line and available.

It's on our work schedule to write a patch that keeps the old file in place until the new one has fully loaded. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

G

Kim,,thanks for the info, now I know I'll wait 'til it appears.