Tony Bullimore RIP

longjohnsilver

Visit site
A great character, he gave a talk at our sailing club many years ago and was a delight to chat to afterwards. RIP Tony.

chanelyacht

Visit site
A massive shame, I met him a good number of times and he was always very supportive of the independent lifeboats and sea safety. I guess he learned that that hard way!

A really good bloke. I'll have a pint or to for him in Cowes week.

lw395

Visit site
See also the lounge thread.
I think Mr Bullimore probably deserves more than one thread though.
I think he was once labelled 'the least insurable yachtsman'?
Toria, Apricot, Exide...

dom

Visit site
In his earlier years Tony was not that well liked on the racing circuit; he had a reputation for abrasiveness with a propensity towards dressing things up for the media.

And as sometimes happens, a person with a heart of gold emerged, a person who put his innate bullishness to good use in tackling racial tension and inclusivity in Bristol and beyond.

As for tarting things up for the meeja, well that's called PR these days.

Oh, and not to forget the sailing!

Tony, how few guessed that you were the colour of a better future! RIP

Resolution

Visit site
And as sometimes happens, a person with a heart of gold emerged, a person who put his innate bullishness to good use in tackling racial tension and inclusivity in Bristol and beyond.

RIP

Amazed to learn today that he was the owner of the Bristol club , the Bamboo. Bristol was of course one corner of the original triangular slave trade, resulting in The oft mentioned Whiteladies Road and Blackboy Hill, and a lesser known black ghetto down near Broadmead. The Bamboo was down there, far from the posh bits of Clifton where we were students back in the late sixties. My one visit to the Bamboo was an eye-opener, with a fight between two coloured guys in which one was "bottled" in the neck with spectacularly bloody results, another couple were laid out by bouncers with baseball bats, and my (white) girlfriend was very unimpressed!

Seven Spades

Visit site
Quite correct TB was ridiculed here and I thought his treatment by the forum was poor. He did things I would never do and deserved our respect. No one is perfect.