Tomos

G

Have just obtained a lovely old dinghy which, with some work will make a lovely 'dayboat'. Came complete with an old 'Tomos' outboard motor (less the remote tank) ... no further model identification on the engine ... anybody know what mixture to use, where to obtain tank, spares etc in fact ... do Tomos still exist ... am I better off using it as a mooring weight ?? Peter M

G

I bought one 6yrs ago and have found it in general very good. I fitted an in line fuel filter off a car, as a precaution, and use a £15 plastic fuel tank. The only thing that I have had go wrong was the water cooled exhaustpipe rotted into holes. You are probably aware that the engine is air cooled which makes it a bit noisy. It also vibrates more than most as it has a higher compression or so I was told. when I needed spares they were all available from Sea Page at Poole, 01929 551406. Good luck Conway Urquhart.

G

Many thanks 'CU' for your response ... what fuel / oil mixture do you use please ? Peter M

G

Sorry for the delay in replying. I use a mixture of 50:1. Incidentally I obtained a owners handbook from the spares dealer for about £3.

Good luck.

CJU.

G

Thanks for all your responses, a little job for the Easter w/e. Peter M