To avoid confusion ... general info / round-up ....

G

I have to thank GC1 for highlighting a few points and have cut and pasted his suggested review to try and clear up anyones confusion .....
Please note that due to the berthing now spanning 2 - 3 days ... the actual BBQ is to be held on general consensus and not pre-set ... I'm sure you can appreciate that with various arrival times etc. - it would be difficult to set an absolute schedule.
So anyway .... here is GC1 review and I support his effort in putting it together .....>>

Quote :

I must admit I was confused as to when it was or what day the BBQ was or where Harold Hayles was. Perhaps you could cut and paste the note I have puttogether below which has put together most of your posts on the subject and post it on the main and lounge forum to clear up any ambiguities. Well done for your efforts and the time you have put in, not trying to interfere just help I am Memory Maker in the attendees list by the way. Please note that I still do not know what day the BBQ is, I have stated below the Sunday, change to Saturday if that is the day, as that is causing confusion and people need to be given a day.

Yarmouth Meet 2006

Date :-
The Yarmouth meet is to take place between the 27th - 29th May 2006 with a family BBQ taking place at Yarmouth on the Sunday, people are free to book for up to 3 nights as shown below in the attendees list or just arrive on the day.

Venue :-
Moorings have been arranged and are available at Harold Hayles boat yard which is situated within Yarmouth harbour, shore power is available. Please contact Sandy Hartley in office hours, Tel :01983 760373, she knows all about it and will lead you through it. When these moorings are filled the Yarmouth main harbour is aware of the meet and will offer berths for reservation if you contact the harbour master (I do not have this number but I am sure Sandy would assist).

Attendees :-
Full list of attendees is shown on the 'Yarmouth get together' forum in the 'Berth confirmation of the 13th Feb 2006' thread.

Summary :-
This is a freebie get-together !! Blimey something in this world that is free ??? That is I'm not asking anything .... nor the others involved in setting this up.

Each boat will be responsible to clear their Berthing fee with Pontoon owners.

Food and Drink should be supplied by each participant as we cannot cater for all tastes !!! Tesco refused my request to pass on all their Sell By date rejects !!

BBQ's are available at the site - but it is strongly recc'd that own is brought along with adequate charcoal !! They are big and dirty on the beach ... and may already be in use by others - as its a public area and Bank Holiday - we cannot pre-book them. We will of course strive to "covert" them as some of us will be there before others.

We are looking to organise party games or overall fun-day for kids with adults involved ... many ideas have been put discussed and we are working on it ....

We are considering possibly a Kids / all-in Disco music thingy ... so while cooking going on - others are having a party !!

We would ask that anyone with small / camping style tables etc. that could be used would be much appreciated. We want to also put up one or two garden Gazebo's - the plastic on ally pole variety ... I have one and if we could have 1 or 2 more to provide shade / shelter for food / other - that would be marvelous.

In any event to get to BBQ area is best by tender anyway from HH as well as public berthing ... so little difference. Except of course HH does have Electric supply.
If anyone considers that a Saturday and Sunday booking is a good ideea or wants to do it - can you please let me know now ?? I have no problem to set it as a Sat / Sun fun package ????.... in fact it could be better all round that way ...

There is a surprise being organised - which will stay a surprise !! so "be there or be square" .......

So PLEASE if you have not already contacted me please forward the following information and book the berths YOURSELF as detailed above :-

Skipper ID (Forum ID is fine)
Boat Name
Boat LOA incl. any sprits / bumkins etc.
Keel type and draft
Total number of over 18's people on board
Total number of under 18's on board and idea of ages
Who arrives at Yarmouth Friday
Who arrives Saturday

THANKS, Nigel

duncan

Visit site
noting your poll elsewhere I await confirmation of the 'official' BBQ day soonest!

experience (with some of those attending!) suggests that in the drinks/BBQ/ drinks cycle scheduling the BBQ on the opening afternoon/evening will not only get people together but enables fresh produce to be consumed whilst still fresh - no mean feat on small boats. Also Sunday lunch is a nice option but rather conflicts with a BBQ.............finally if you schedule the BBQ for Saturday, but the weather is inclement and the forecast good for Sunday you have a plan B - not an option the other way round.

G

Agree ...

For me - and SWMBO who will be with me .... lucky girl ! - we'll probably Barbie both days anyway ... plus of course she will require that we both have our "Medicinal" dose of Guinness .....

Really as to which day etc. - thats for majority to decide ... I shall be there most likely on the Friday to start .... so as others arrive / get sorted .. things will set themselves going ....

Biggest thing for me at moment is sorting YOU out and your "uvver-alf" !! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif