Tipping

clyst

Visit site
straight to the point ........ does one tip the marina staff if they take a line when entering a berth ? Iv been a user of marinas for near 50 years and have never tipped

as iv assumed its all part of the service . However iv noticed at late that that in some marinas they are not so keen to legit after job done .😃

Boathook

Visit site
I don't tip marina staff. I wonder whether they are slow to leave to avoid going back to the office.

Years ago when Yarmouth was more ''relaxed'' and i was a very regular visitor I've offered drinks to them (mainly tea, coffee, squash).

Allan Cundle? up at the Folly would never refuse a drink ..... He was forever helping the first boats to arrive to moor between the piles.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
There are "special" places where putting a loose 50 euro note in your hands at the first handshake will open a lot of doors, it may mean also being given a berth or being sent away :D Most mere mortals like myself have never been there though.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I tip the marina staff at my home marina on the odd occasion, when they go out of their way to help. At the end of the day they are just doing a job, on a simple wage & I think it helps to show some gratitude for the times when they go that extra mile to help. Even though they need not.
I have been towed in to port or assisted at other places & I make sure that the persons involved are tipped handsomely. Sometimes the correct bill is "waived" in recognition.
I always make sure I have plenty of cash available for such events.