Tiny Scandinavian double ender….

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Gosh, but that's a 'pretty' boat.
Yes but they are not 19.5 ft. There was a beauty for sale some years ago called "Tinkerbell" or "Schnapps" depending on where you looked. I was very, very tempted but sanity prevailed.

TUMLAREN #8 TINKERBELL in the UK

Bajansailor

Visit site

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Prompted by this I had a look at the Francis 26 and was really surprised at how constrained and limited it was certainly when compared to my old Vancouver 27. At the end of the day length matters and no matter how pretty they may be the above boats are very limited and I would venture to say uncomfortable.

Wansworth

Visit site
Prompted by this I had a look at the Francis 26 and was really surprised at how constrained and limited it was certainly when compared to my old Vancouver 27. At the end of the day length matters and no matter how pretty they may be the above boats are very limited and I would venture to say uncomfortable.
Returning to my youth when cruising in my 15footer I would have died for 20 foot?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Returning to my youth when cruising in my 15footer I would have died for 20 foot?

Yeh I bet they could smell you several miles off as you entered the estuary. ? 15 to 20 footers are fine for day sailing people that like the spartan life and hair shirts that accompany it, times have moved on.

Wansworth

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Great suggestions but not seen it yet. V skandy name (?) supposed to be true blue water boat. Long keel, canoe stern hung rudder. 1.5m head room I think. …. Keep the suggestions coming! Cheers Martin
Yes there are other small boats very similar to theNordic 20 maybe slightly longer but the name escapes me