Time to think outside the box ?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Last edited:

Actionmat

Visit site
Yes to the first, no the second question. Unless we get something in return, like more 24hr EA moorings and a greater presence on the river checking speed and wash.

There's still plenty of revenue to collect before the honest customers pay more. I saw a speedboat in Bray with a 2012 licence!

Glorfindel

Visit site
Would anyone care to argue that the Thames is a "rural area" and worthy of Government support?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...ide-can-become-Britains-engine-of-growth.html

And, just for fun you understand, how many of you would be prepared to pay more for your licence if it would ensure continued employment of lock keepers to assist boaters through locks?

Surely the primary reason that the EA employs the 'Lockies' is to manage the weirs. 'Teddington_lock' and other constantly refer to this (not knocking 'Teddington_lock' whose posts I always enjoy) but the locks are their secondary job and if the weirs call then the lock goes onto 'self service'. I think that they do a super job on busy days - their official status giving them the ability to marshal us all for the good of us all. Nice to chat to them in winter, when we do most of our cruising, and they have the time to pass the time of day. However, as someone I once heard say, "I digress": who, given that there are no Lockies, manages the weirs?

Visit site
This must owe a few quid, had no licence for a while now.
I might salvage it soon.
20150815_185042_zps1mpexzgi.jpg

20150815_185042_zps1mpexzgi.jpg
[/IMG]