tiller pilot

nac

Visit site
i am having problem with navico tillerpilot 2500. this is the third time i have tried to get it working and all to no avail.when i connect it up it starts going 45deg. in one direction and then 45 in the other dir. sent it in for tests and was told it was working ok. of course i dont have the instructions as it came with the boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

anabel

Visit site
Most of these tillerpilots have to be programmed to whichever side of the boat they are going to be fixed to. Maybe you have it set to operate from the starboard side but have fitted it on port side, or visa versa. Might be worth checking out.

EH

<hr width=100% size=1>

frilaens

Visit site
Do you test it in the boat? I recently fixed my Autohelm 1000 after dropping in down the hatch and had to read the instruction book a bit closer... it recommended testing out of the boat, by rotating the body slowly back and forth and checking that the arm responded likewise. (There was a dip switch to set depending upon if the tiller should be on the port or starboard side of the boat and this test was to check it was set correctly.) I also found out that the tiller has a anti-swell feature that stops it trying to adjust to swell, but it takes time to "learn" this. If yours is swinging back and forth 45 degrees could it be this?

Andy

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gordonmc

Visit site
Ensure you have a good power supply to the unit. I have the same model which misbehaves if the battery/ies put out any less then about 12.3V.
Symptoms are very erratic course-keeping then the arm fully retracts amid much bleeping.
Obviously this can have interesting effects under sail if you can't yank it off in time.

<hr width=100% size=1>

gtmoore

Visit site
I have the manual for this unit and have scanned and emailed it to a couple of posters here in the past. If you PM me an email address I'll send it to you if it will help.

<hr width=100% size=1>Gavin

yoda

Visit site
Try setting the pilot up with the boat on a steady course but just put the tiller attachment next to the fitting. leave for about a minute and then pop it on to the tiller. I think the compass sometimes takes a little time to settle down. but once it has then all is well.

Yoda

<hr width=100% size=1>

nac

Visit site
would be delighted if you could e/mail copy of instructions on tillerpilot 2500, and thank you for your kind offer.
nick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

gtmoore

Visit site
No problem Nick but you'll need to give me an email address to send it to. You can either post it here or if you prefer send it via a private message.

Cheers

<hr width=100% size=1>Gavin