Tidal Thames

rr_123

Visit site
I've got a little dory with a 40 horse donkey on the back, as it's number one son's birthday this coming weekend I feel like taking it down somewhere on the tideway where we can give it some beans.

Should be good for about 20-25 knots, any ideas or recommendations where I can drop it in and play?

No Regrets

Visit site
Seriously though, look out for flotsam, particularly prevelant upstream of Tower bridge for a few bridges at certain tide times.

A large chunk of wood could shear some very large parts of your 40 horses off.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

rr_123

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Putney, not too far and not far from Wandsworth (speed limit), Although you will be alright in that. Should be ok at all states as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good; can I just reverse down the embankment at Putney or is there a recognised slip?

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
there is a slip ok at most states just be careful where you park ! As in wardens and tide call chas newans Marine who should be able to advise. Cheers

Dave_Seager

www.seagers.org.uk
There is now an advisory speed limit of 12 knots from Wandsworth Bridge down to Cherry Garden Pier (below Tower Bridge) in addition to the existing 8 knot limit between Wandsworth and Teddingotn. See PLA Notice to Mariners 12 for details.

If you really want to do 20 knots then you need to look east of London.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Without making myself unpopular if you use common sense and take it easy you should be fine in a dory personally I would rather a trip down from puntney rather that the mud and factories you will get below tower bridge .... Running for cover

oldgit

Visit site
"I'm with you Richard, nothing below the Barrier has anything to commend it in my eyes."

So what exactly have you got against France then..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif