Tidal Predictions

Avocet

Visit site
Anyone know of any websites where I can get tide tables for North West England a couple of months ahead?

Cheers.

<hr width=100% size=1>

eebygum

Visit site

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
Avocet, I havn't tried this but may be worth a look <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.findafishingboat.co.uk/tide.htm> here </A>

Trevor

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
I bought the Belfield Tideplotter (have just printed the week-ends' tides for Pwllheli) having had it recommended on here - excellent value for money at £10.95, arrived within a couple of days, or you can download it from the net as well.

Where it scores for me is that it recognises the individual tide for Pwllheli as a secondary port which has a different curve to the one in the almanac (Milford Haven)

If you want to know specific ports, post back and will check it is on:))

<hr width=100% size=1>

Avocet

Visit site
Yes, I'd be interested, please!

How about Whitehaven, Kircudbright or any Isle of Man ports?

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Whitehaven, Douglas, Peel (presume this is IOM), Port Erin, Port St Mary, Ramsey are covered, can't see Kircudbright, where is it near to? Haven't got a map near me at present.

Ireland, France and Netherlands are covered as well.

<hr width=100% size=1>

dah

Visit site
For some reason the Belfield programme will not give info for Kircudbright but will give for Isle of Whithorn and Hestan island (for Kippford), both of which I presume are of no use to you, being a long keeler.
Dave Hanna

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
I had a conversation about this with Mr Belfield about this once, as there are several points in the Thames Estuary which would be useful. But he says he uses material supplied by the UKHO and his software wouln't work reliably except at the points they supply.
However, if you are using a port regularily there's no reason not to laminate a tidal sine curve from that port and fall back on the old chinagraph pencil!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JohnM on 07/03/2003 11:46 (server time).</FONT></P>