This morning at Bembridge

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
What planet has two Suns!! ??

Mind you, would make Astro easy...?

I do like your photo though. Catches the moment perfectly. ??

The first Circumbinary planet known was revealed to the public in 1977 - Tatooine was mostly famous for being the birthplace of Luke and Anakin Skywalker though so it probably doesn't count. Several have now been discovered including this one. In theory there's no reason why life shouldn't evolve on them. Maybe even intelligent life, which I believe we have yet to discover anywhere in the universe.

toi_1338_transit_still.jpg

johnalison

Visit site
The first Circumbinary planet known was revealed to the public in 1977 - Tatooine was mostly famous for being the birthplace of Luke and Anakin Skywalker though so it probably doesn't count. Several have now been discovered including this one. In theory there's no reason why life shouldn't evolve on them. Maybe even intelligent life, which I believe we have yet to discover anywhere in the universe.

toi_1338_transit_still.jpg
I watched a video about the subject a little while ago ( my excuse for not remembering the details). Apparently it is hard to construct a stable system with a planet orbiting two suns because such systems are unstable and almost always result in the smaller objects getting ejected. I would like to live on a planet in a globular cluster, with the sky filled with multiple suns. It might be a problem getting to sleep though.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I watched a video about the subject a little while ago ( my excuse for not remembering the details). Apparently it is hard to construct a stable system with a planet orbiting two suns because such systems are unstable and almost always result in the smaller objects getting ejected. I would like to live on a planet in a globular cluster, with the sky filled with multiple suns. It might be a problem getting to sleep though.
There's a nice animation on Wikipedia