Third Sailing Cat Video

whipper_snapper

Visit site
Spectacular. I am very jealous!

Couple of comments -

Bow boarding ladder - excellent idea. We have one on our rather more modest boat and it is great. The longer the better, so you get a gentle slope. Will it run all the way fwd from from fwd bulkead between the trampolines ?

I would be wary about enclosing the cockpit too much if you plan to spend time in the tropics or the Med (and surely you do with that boat!). If it was me I would make all of those proposed forward windows completely openable and just have canvas screens with the option of simple shade-net for the side and back. It is all about maintaining shade and a through breeze.

If it was my boat I would make one of those portside cabins/heads into a workshop!

I didn't see a genny. I presume one is included? Again, if was me, I would plaster the boat with solar panels and have a wind charger to minimise genny/engine use. Partly to be green and quiet, but mostly for sheer simplicity and reliability.

Do you plan to run a video business from on board ? If so I would love to hear more of your plans - SWMBO is in the same game. All that kit will need lots of clean power, and the studio will need great ventilation!

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Thanks for all the comments

The answers:-

[ QUOTE ]
ow boarding ladder - excellent idea. We have one on our rather more modest boat and it is great. The longer the better, so you get a gentle slope. Will it run all the way fwd from from fwd bulkead between the trampolines ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it runs between and right into the water - you can change the depth in the water and use it as a standard luxury bathing ladder.It also has a hot/cold shower as you come out the water.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be wary about enclosing the cockpit too much if you plan to spend time in the tropics or the Med (and surely you do with that boat!). If it was me I would make all of those proposed forward windows completely openable and just have canvas screens with the option of simple shade-net for the side and back. It is all about maintaining shade and a through breeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice and allowed for - all front windows flip up to be full opening and there is a screen to allow air through all around the cockpit when you want it that is.

[ QUOTE ]
If it was my boat I would make one of those portside cabins/heads into a workshop!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a workshop - the latest video , video 5 of the adventure will show it. Things have moved on since the original spec.

[ QUOTE ]
didn't see a genny. I presume one is included? Again, if was me, I would plaster the boat with solar panels and have a wind charger to minimise genny/engine use. Partly to be green and quiet, but mostly for sheer simplicity and reliability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - 10 kw plus a complete management system with 5kw inverter.
Over 1 kw of solar panels with even a flip over panel to extend the top of the bimini.
Yes- we will almost certainly have a wind gene.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan to run a video business from on board ? If so I would love to hear more of your plans - SWMBO is in the same game. All that kit will need lots of clean power, and the studio will need great ventilation!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes- it will hopefully become a TV series.
All filmed in HD and done to high standards. Full broadcast studio on board and a complete video blog in high quality of the adventures. Have you watched the first video - when we chose the boat - the test sail?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
The link to both was posted on this very video forum under Sailing Cat Videos.

Here is the link to them

Click here

Both videos are offered in a choice of two bandwidths.

The Test sail was the first and the Leopard sail was the second.

The test sail is 18 minutes and the leopard about 12 minutes.

The fourth video in the series Sailing The Leewards is out next week - it is 72 minutes long and is available in full screen as an option.

I will publish all my videos here as well as on this video forum

Video Forum