Thinking of wind ?

Steruth1

Visit site
Ok. Ready for the abuse …..but has anyone considered swapping from their 50ft power boat etc to a catamaran such as a Lagoon 46?
Space is amazing and in the med they are super popular. Anyone done it or have any experience?

Bouba

Visit site
Cats are very popular in the Med but they are a pain to park and cost 50% more to park I believe

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Cats are very popular in the Med but they are a pain to park and cost 50% more to park I believe
No cats at all parked in the majority of ports I visit (Barcelona to French border),
Lots of them in Canet en Roussillon. There is of course a builder who has their factory there.

Hurricane

Visit site
No cats at all parked in the majority of ports I visit (Barcelona to French border),
Lots of them in Canet en Roussillon. There is of course a builder who has their factory there.
We have loads of cats in Sant Carles.
I believe that SCM offers a special price for cats.
Actually, they are great cruising boats - I have a few friends who own catamarans.
They are very stable - no need for stabilisers .
And are faster/more efficient than mono hull boats.

A couple of weeks ago, we (the Squaddie owner, SWMBO and I) had dinner on the cat in this photo - the owners of which are good friends.

20210928_165207.resized.jpg

As usual, the boat was rock steady - great boat.

20210928_164512.resized.jpg

BruceK

Visit site
Ok. Ready for the abuse …..but has anyone considered swapping from their 50ft power boat etc to a catamaran such as a Lagoon 46?
Space is amazing and in the med they are super popular. Anyone done it or have any experience?

No experience other than there was also a stage I fancied one. Not that I could afford a Lagoon but I researched them anyway and was surprised at how many owners were dissatisfied with the build quality both in forums and on youtube. Some were downright scared the boat was falling apart on them as the main bulkheads creaked loudly and could be seen to buckle.

hg2016

Visit site
WOW ! Never seen anything like it. Creaking! i'm surprised it hasn't snapped in half with all that junk on it. I couldn't even step onto a boat in that state.
Plenty of room though and it looks like a smooth if noisy ride.

GravyStain

Visit site
I've seen a lot of the fixes done on Parlay Revival. Lagoon it seems have partially accepted that there were inherent issues baked into the builds. Initially they blamed owners. It's an interesting channel.

GravyStain

Visit site
I've just finished a week around the Islands off Split (Korcula, Hvar etc). Stunning area and a LOT of CATS, I mean a LOT... I was jealous, being on a 46ft Dufour, rocking away at night.
I'd have a CAT, but I'd rather have a Princess :)