Things to do in Brembridge.

burgundyben

Visit site
Not a question as we know it fairly well, more of an info service.

Dinner in the Baywatch Cafe on the Duver - its a 5 min walk across the sand dunes from the Duver Marina. Just walk along the beach towards Ryde and you'll find it. Openign times vary.

Walk to Ryde, stopping at Seaview for a coffee. Coffee stop right next to Seaview Yacht Club, has nice tables and chairs out front. Get the bus back.

Walk up to the windmill for coffee, carry on up to Culver down for lunch. Windmill is National Trust, so look on their website for info. Route to Culver Down in a leaflet at windmill.

Stop in the Toll Gate cafe, its so bad/odd/strange (in a League of Gentlemen kind of way) its funny. Ask to use the loo, insist when declined and watch the reaction...its right next to Bembridge Yacht Club on the beach.

Have dinner in the Vine in St Helens, its the pub in St Helens village on the green. 15 mins walk from Duver Marina.

Lose an hour in the secondhand bookshop in St Helens, good selection of boaty books. On the green.

Sit on the beach all day, mess about in the dinghy.

Walk across the channel at LW springs.

Walk to the Crab and Lobster via the shoreline route. This is actually in Forelands Village, well sign posted from Bembridge.

Hire a segway from the back of Duver Marina.

Dinner in Dan's Kitchen - on the green in St Helens.

Dinner in Lockslane, just off the High St Bembridge.

Tea and cakes in Lotties, on the High St Bembridge. Nice cake!

Afternoon tea at the Priory about 15 mins from the Duver. Needs booking in advance.

Go to the lifeboat station - along the coast from Bembridge village.

Last edited:

RIN

Visit site
As above plus

Walk into Brading and visit the excellent Roman Villa, plenty for kids here

Walk into Brading, have tea at the station, let the kids have a go in the signal box (box not open every day - check website) then catch the tube to Ryde, Sandown, Shanklin (Shanklin nicer - pirate crazy golf and lovely old town) or to the IOW Steam railway and have a go on that.

Walk up to the Victorian Fort that you can see from the Duver (tours only by arrangement), and watch the airplanes taking off below you at Bembridge airport

Big walk Maybe not with kids, go on the Bembridge trail all the way to Newport and back on the bus

Fish on the causeway tidal entrance as the tide comes in

Buy a Beef pie from Woodfords butchers and eat on the boat with a glass of wine or two

Wavey

Visit site
Thanks guys, the info is so, so helpful.

When we popped into Bembridge a few weeks back SWMBO asked me what there was to do there. If I'm lucky I may have mentioned 3 of the things you've listed.

As it happens, due to the dredging and the very limited moorings (and this was mid week) we gave it a miss and went elsewhere as the only option available to us was rafting against an enormous Hatteras and I'd forgotten to take my abseiling gear :). We now have so many reasons to go back.

Firefly625

Visit site

l'escargot

Visit site
They don't take plastic. I like the place. Best to sit down for a while, read the menu then read everything behind the counter before deciding to order
Rule No 1 on the IW: "Read the signs". Caulkheads love signs, I've even seen a sign saying "Read the signs". If you really want a laugh, ask them to explain the signs... ;)

tamarind

Visit site
One of our favourites too! We're there this weekend fri till Sunday. It looks as though the weather will be half decent as well! We're on our Trader named Sojourn

Sishoe

www.indigofiresystems.com
We are in a Bavaria flybridge, and should be (if the boat fits) on the first of the new outside finger berths.
First time for Bembridge, and we have tickets for the 'Dance on the Duver'
Have no idea what to expect??

burgundyben

Visit site
I'm a little worried that if the proposed development goes head Bembridge will lose a lot of it's charm. I like quirky.

I feel quite the opposite. Malcolm and Fiona are working hard and investing hugely. They have a vision to make it vibrant and a top quality destination. It'll always be quirky enough due to the geography of getting in there.