Things are changing at Palairos on Greek mainland

Chris_Robb

Visit site
just at this delightful town and saw some strange working platform in the anchorage , a small amount of digging produced this , I'm sure will be of interest to lots of people who love coming here .
http://www.marnet.gr/myportfolio/palairos-yacht-shelter/

Interesting link. This link within marnet shows other projects throughout the Greek Island that are underway, - who is funding them - oh I forgot - us and Germany....... I just hope that the money iosn't wasted as it has been in the passed.
http://www.marnet.gr/our-projects/

Mwinda

Visit site
"Better" is tricky to define though isn't it?
It would be a large commercial marina, generating income for the locality no doubt, good if you want to open a high end restaurant servicing not so good if you are renting a small shop/flat and see your rent go high.
I appreciate we are globally in an "economic growth = good" paradigm, but that is the pyramid scheme that got us in to this mess in the first place.
I'm sure it would be a great marina though :)

jordanbasset

Visit site
At the moment many boats have colonised the harbour, putting down their own moorings and leaving the boats for weeks at a time while not on the boat and so limiting the space for visiting yachts, who do spend money in the town. This situation is replicated in many harbours in Greece, whatever they do I hope something is done to deal with this

whiteoaks7

www.seasolutions.co.uk
Hard to get excited about planned marinas in Greece: Trisonia, Pylos, Argostoli, Benitses; etc. If the marina gets finished the local boats have to leave so political pressure is to stop just short of completion. Or am I just being cynical again?