They are wrong!

PlanB

Visit site
Whoever said the two happiest days of your life are when you buy your boat and when you sell it got it wrong, in my case at least.
In 2002 my partner and I bought our Princess 435 and when we retired in 2005 we motored in a leisurely fashion to the south of Spain, where we lived aboard for eleven wonderful years, till he died.
I now have a new man in my life, and it could be said that meeting him was happy day No 2. But I have now sold the boat and left it today for the last time. An emotional time and not a happy day at all, although I realise I am quite lucky to have a buyer in these interesting times.
So, I am a liveaboard no more.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I guess in my case it's been happy happy happy as no sooner I sold a boat I almost brought one at the same time , in the case of my last two boats my new purchase was done before my old boat was sold , so for me it's been 40 years of happiness although what I spend on boats and keeping then over the years doesn't bare thinking off .

Cariadco

Visit site
Yeah, I did well as well.
Sold my boat in March, planned to take my time, see what's out there and what deals I could get......
Bought the new boat in August!!
So, I lasted all of nearly 5 months, without!!!

RupertW

Visit site
Really glad you had 11 years to enjoy boating and each other. We will probably leave it too late to be on a boat for anything like that long but enjoy grabbing a month here and there.