Thermostats in Ardic heater

ecereijo

Visit site
Hello friends.

I know for previous queries there are not spare parts for Ardic heaters anywhere. But I have an Ardic Minimax installed in my boat and I want to put it on working again and I wonder if somebody could help me with tecnical information.

The heater has two thermostats, namely an overheating thermostat and an after-cooling thermostat. I would need to know their opening and closing temperatures.

Also I would like to know if exists some glown unit, perhaps from a Eberspacher unit, which could by adapted to my Ardic...

Thank you very much in advance.

rex_seadog

Visit site
Surprised to hear that spares are unavailable. About 3 months ago I spoke to a guy called Tim at Espar Ltd (Plymouth- tel 01752 491900) who told me that they could supply spares. We had recently bought a boat with a 10 year old 041-D Ardic (actually badged Volvo) and we were trying to get it to work. He gave me lots of good advice and warned me that it would probably not be cost effective if anything major needed replacing. In the end a good clean up of the various connections and ensuring the battery is well charged before starting seems to have done the trick.
Would be interested to know how you get on in case I misunderstood the situation.

ecereijo

Visit site
Hello Rex

Perhaps the problem arises with the model I have (Ardic Minimax) and not with less "classical" ones.

I did an intensive search two years ago, including posting to this forum ( click to see old post) . I e-mailed Espar Marine and Aquatec Marine, both in UK. Then I wrote Eberspacher in UK and Sweden. In every case they answered me they had no spares for my Ardic.