there is a god !

G

busy tourist town in north wales, high st, traffic lights on to A5, mr tosspot anabl (welsh for disabled) decides to park his car on double yellows about 10 yds from junction, for next hour A5 and town centre brought to standstill as heavy wagons, tourist buses struggle to pass aforesaid tosspots car parked opposite where all the cars are stopped for lights, we have new initiative by north wales police, they actually have 2 bobbies on the beat now, along they come and start sorting mess out, after 45 mins on goes a ticket, after nearly an hr, tow truck and away with it. after another 10 mins mr anabl appears, ho ho car gone.
he was that disabled that he left his stick in the car and as he rushed down the high st to cop shop he looked like henman trying to reach a cross court ball.
that will teach the arrogant so and so thinking he can just dump his car anywhere cause he has a sticker!!
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

tom52

Visit site
You should try living in Bournemouth !
Nearly everyone has a disabled sticker and apparently are allowed to park on double yellows with impunity.
Why does there need to be special disabled only parking places if you can park anywhere you like with a sticker ?
The system is grossly abused by the able bodied.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
that was the point of the post, they most definitely are not allowed to park just anywhere but they think they can and most of the time they get away with it, the best one was when one parked in the drive to my office, was only going to be their "for a minute" says he and put his clock thingy on the dashboard and told me he was not going to move!! and this was on my land!!
i then asked him who was the quickest, me getting my clamp or him getting his fags from the shop. mutter mutter and off he went.
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Unfortunately they are allowed to park just about anywhere. My mother has a disabled sticker (she is disabled) and the only requirement is that you may not park within 10 meters of a junction, or in a position that prevents (note: not impedes) traffic flow.

Stupid, I agree.

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
Being disabled and in receipt of the highest level of mobility allowance due to the severity of my disablement I have a blue badge etc. and on occasion do use it to my advantage to park in an advantageous posistion to myself but not at the expense of others for when I am actually driving I'm no different to an able boddied driver and get just as frustrated and annoyed as the rest of you.

Here in Suffolk it seems that once you are above a certain age you get a badge almost automatically...but the fact that an able bodied person can have and use one to allow them to park in a restricted area to go shopping for a disabled person who is at home is ludicrous.

There is ALWAYS someone prepared to do whatever they want and bugger the rest of us....just like many a berth holder at our marina.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
no, an able-bodied person can't legally use a disabled sticker, whatever the circumstances. a friend of mine, whose disabled wife was in the passenger seat, parked on a yellow line to go into a shop; traffic warden said if the wife stayed in the car they would get a ticket!

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
Not what it says in the book of rules and regs that was given to me by Suffolk C.C.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
Well, you've proved you're good at shouting. What was the question? Why on this website what?

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

oldgit

Visit site
Re:Yet another example

Of how the great all powerfull presence of the hallowed "motor car" doth rule our lives.How dare someone impede my progress and therefore preventeth me from driving, as is my my right as a free man,into the town centre to generateth fumes and noise./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Two boats please one here n one in the Med

Heckler

Visit site
busy tourist town

brought to a standstill, A5 backed up for about 2 miles, bus operators who bring the punters in swearing never to come again, businesses like mine being financially affected just cause some tosspot who claims to be anabl ( remember he was that anabl he left his stick in the car and shot off to the copshop like a demented banshee) decides he his going to dump his car whereever he feels like cause he has one of those clock thingys? Hmmmm!
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>