There are three types of people…

Daydream believer

Visit site
...I’m a dog person...dogs can’t count
You are wrong there. My father taught his dog (sooty) to count & the favourite trick was to bark the correct number to the instruction 1-10
He then taught it to do sums & it really wound people up trying to work out how they managed it.
He could just change his expression, blink his eyes fast, or move his hand or fingers & the dog would instantly stop barking. It really was uncanny how the dog watched his every move.

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
You are wrong there. My father taught his dog (sooty) to count & the favourite trick was to bark the correct number to the instruction 1-10
He then taught it to do sums & it really wound people up trying to work out how they managed it.
He could just change his expression, blink his eyes fast, or move his hand or fingers & the dog would instantly stop barking. It really was uncanny how the dog watched his every move.
Springer?

guernseyman

Visit site
The vast population of this earth, and indeed nations themselves, may readily be divided into three groups. There are the few who make things happen, the many more who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every human being is born into this third and largest group; it is for himself, his environment and his education to determine whether he shall rise to the second group or even to the first.
[March 1931, Nicholas Murray Butler, President of Columbia University in New York delivering a speech on Charter Day at the University of California. ]

Bouba

Visit site
The vast population of this earth, and indeed nations themselves, may readily be divided into three groups. There are the few who make things happen, the many more who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every human being is born into this third and largest group; it is for himself, his environment and his education to determine whether he shall rise to the second group or even to the first.
[March 1931, Nicholas Murray Butler, President of Columbia University in New York delivering a speech on Charter Day at the University of California. ]
The timing of that speech is interesting...as a decade later most had moved