The Yachtsman's Annual 1947

ctelfer38

www.classic-cruising.com
Hi all, I am back with another request for help. I am looking for a copy of the Yachtsman's Annual from 1947 published by Adlard Coles. Having searched the internet I have tracked down versions from 1938/39 and 1948/49; but not the 1947 version. This edition contains a couple of Chapters describing the passage of my yacht Ragna R from Harwich to Scandinavia in 1946. The account claims that this was the first post WWII recreational trip of a sailing yacht across the Southern North Sea with sea mines still in place. Whilst I have photocopies of the articles it would be nice to have the book.

Does anyone have any leads to suggest? I have posted on the 'Wanted' forum and on the Classic Boat forum - but things do seem quiet over there!

Ragna R is still going strong having been remasted/ rerigged and with new sails and will be making a similar trip out to Kiel this summer to visit the BKYC before the Club closes down in 2016.

Grateful for any leads.

CBT

Orion Jim

Visit site
Searched my library but it seems I have "The Yachting Year" edited by Eric Hiscock with an article by Adlard Coles, not "The Yachtsman's Annual". I wouldn't have thought there would be so much publishing competition right after the war.