The weather's turned into a ....

Spyro

Visit site
Dead right, I've tried going North, tried getting south now decided to try and sail straight through it, Once through the mucking fess it looks like a good run to the finish.

I'm loathed to say it but it looks like Braindead and all his followers might just do it.

chrisgee

Visit site
Dead right, I've tried going North, tried getting south now decided to try and sail straight through it, Once through the mucking fess it looks like a good run to the finish.

I'm loathed to say it but it looks like Braindead and all his followers might just do it.

Couldn`t decide either so have sailed more or less straight through the middle and now up to 33rd --best position for a long time but the pressures on to get it right to the finish

(Jolini)

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
First proper go at this online racing thing, suddenly this morning find myself in third, but alas the wind is going lighter and those in the far north are charging. Just gotta keep plugging away. Big problem is I'm going on holiday on Saturday so will miss the finish . . . now thats poor timing

Alistairr

Visit site
Big problem is I'm going on holiday on Saturday so will miss the finish . . . now thats poor timing

Change your password, and then let someone on here finish it for you, give them your user name and password and they'll see your boat to the finish.

If you don't have anyone on here to do it for you, I'll do it, if you wish.

Cheers

Al.

Dipper

Visit site
First proper go at this online racing thing, suddenly this morning find myself in third

I spotted you the first time this morning. I think you were 2nd then which is better than I have ever achieved. :mad:

If you wanted to add ybw before your user name, it makes it easier for us to check the ybw 'fleet'.

sarabande

Visit site
dunno about you lot talking with the Inuits, but down where I am it's lovely and sunny and 12 kts boat speed.

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
Change your password, and then let someone on here finish it for you, give them your user name and password and they'll see your boat to the finish.

If you don't have anyone on here to do it for you, I'll do it, if you wish.

Cheers

Al.

Thanks for the offer.
Will send a pm before I set off on hols. If I post it who knows who will get on there! !

Dipper

Visit site
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:AAAAAAAARRGHHHHHHH!!!!!

The bloody thing has gone west now and I'm still not over it.

May I join you?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:AAAAAAAARRGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Normally I come to a grinding halt when going from strong winds into calm, not the other way around. This band of weather is very cruel. Another few miles and I would break through.

Got to go. The men in white coats have arrived.

Dipper

Visit site
Dipper
I'm sailing as ybw_pandorax

Thanks. Spotted you down there.

Things are looking up on the Dipper boat. I am sailing at over twice the wind speed. Wind 0.8 knots, boat 1.8 knots. :D

Now down to 0.5 knots of wind and 1.0 knots boat speed. Do I still need the crew out on the windward rail?

Nearly stationary now. 0.2 kn wind, 0.3 kn boat. And yet the tip of my pink bowsprit is in 30.6 knots of wind. Very frustrating.

Last edited: