The Walton & Frinton Yacht Club (W&FYC) Turns A Page

nortada

Visit site
IMG_6039.jpeg

As many know, for a number of years the W&FYC has hosted an open day to invite folk to see what the club has to offer.

Moving with the times, although as always, open to all, this year the focus is to give youngsters (or should that be young people) and the not so young, an insight into the many aspects of water events, on offer around the club.

Easy accessible by road, but if you wish you could make a weekend of it by coming by boat, pick up a buoy in the Walton Channel or stopping overnight in The Pond (The Walton Yacht Basin) walton yacht basin - Google Suche.

Of course, if you can’t make this event, just pitch up whenever the club is open and you will be sure of a warm welcome.

Last edited:

johnalison

Visit site
Not really related, but I see in today's paper an obituary of John Apthorp who, I believe gave your club a donation of £50,000 not long ago. He was a friend of my brother and I knew him slightly.

nortada

Visit site
Not really related, but I see in today's paper an obituary of John Apthorp who, I believe gave your club a donation of £50,000 not long ago. He was a friend of my brother and I knew him slightly.

John Apthorp was a very good friend to the W&FYC and over many, many years, a very generous supporter; frequently helping the club in many of it’s adventures, including the new build, completed 10 years ago.

Moving to Walton in 1942, aged 8, John spent his early years the town and never forgot the pleasure he got ‘messing about’ in the Backwaters and he wanted to give similar freedoms to future generations so Sunday will be a fitting memory to him - especially as he provided much of the resources used by today’s cadets

John will be sorely missed.

Last edited: