The Smiles is back

nickcred

Visit site
Finally after months of flying all over Europe I have some time off. Poor old Tristan has sat in the boat yard for long enough. So today and over the next week I will start to prepare her for the season. Apparently I have that "only the bloody boat makes him smile like that" look on my face again.

So anti-fouling (omg first time I have done this myself) polishing, fender cleaning, new fire extingusihers to fit, new gas alarm and probably 100 other small jobs to be carried out.

Then hopefully back in the water in the next couple of weeks.

byron

RIP
Visit site
It's postings like this that make me happy I no longer have a large boat to look after. I sit at my kitchen window chomping my breakfast watching all you lot cleaning off your boats in the morning, it makes life worth living.

nickcred

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifByron you know you miss it - so if you get an irresistable urge to get covered in anti-foul, get back ache and arm ache from polishing, just shout. O and SWBO has agreed the girly cushions in the cockpit can be replaced by discarded beer cans this year.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifByron you know you miss it - so if you get an irresistable urge to get covered in anti-foul, get back ache and arm ache from polishing, just shout. O and SWBO has agreed the girly cushions in the cockpit can be replaced by discarded beer cans this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last year, lovely sunny morning, I looked out and there was my pal's immaculate 415. I really got an erection. I got myself a coffee and went back to the window and deflated as I watched him appear and start cleaning it. Later that year it happened again with another pal's Broom 45 until he appeared on deck with his bucket and I thought... "over a ½ million pounds just to be a char lady" NO THANK YOU, I will just chuck a bucket of water over my launch once every 3 months.

alistairedw

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I will just chuck a bucket of water over my launch once every 3 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my approach to maintaining a launch. My little mobo just gets a quick 15 minute whizz over with a brush now and again. If it is really dirty I might just point a jet washer at it.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
I've spent all day at MTYC with the boat on the slip, discovering that under all that crud is an orange hull and white superstructure. Fortunately the A/F isn't too bad, just a touch up on the stem where the winter's river filth had abraded it away And the rudder, and the shaft bracket, and the trim tabs...

At least the effin' coots have stayed off the bathing platform.

nickcred

Visit site
Ok I am begining to think Byron is right. Having spent all of last week painting, sanding, varnishing, spraying, compounding and polishing my hands are sore, my back aches but..........I am still grinning everytime I see her /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stern Drive went from this

P1000048.jpg

to this

2007Season005.jpg

I understand she went back in the water yesterday and I asked the boat yard to try not to get her too wet after all my polishing /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif