The route through to... the fuel pontoon

tcm

Visit site
There’s always mounting build-up to reach the fuel pontoon in the morning, especially at this time of year. Others in the same marina are similarly keen, but there’s only room for two at a time. It seems that if we have breakfast, then go out to the fuel pontoon, we may be first, unless another boat doesn’t have breakfast and goes to the fuel pontoon straightaway. The situation is perhaps the most difficult on our “pontoon of death” where fuelling can take almost an hour, so every second counts. If we can get up early, don’t have breakfast, nor a shower, then we’ll be first or perhaps second, unless the guy who is just a bit nearer to the fuel pontoon also doesn’t have breakfast, nor a shower and takes his spare lines off the night before. See? However, if I take my dinghy off the night before and plonk it on the fuel dock then I’ll get there first or second *regardless* of whether his lines are tied, but on the other hand if either of my two neighbours haven't dipped the eyes on my lines I then I'll have to wait and then I'll be third. Unless of course er er ...

BarryD

Visit site
Come on TCM - get the skipper to do it in the quiet of the week!

Go left, YOUR OTHER left for pete's sake
(IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI)

hlb

RIP
Visit site
It takes an hour to put 100 gallon in my marina. Thats if they manage to work the plastic card at first hit. Took an hour and a half a few weeks ago cos first they forgot the discount Then they mistook litres for pounds. so more credit and debits than enough.

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

tcm

Visit site
1st round exit for hlb, BarryD Trev

Look, you lot, it's a parody, innit? A parody on the first round screnarios for Group F of the football. Pontoon of death? Geddit? Group of Death? The world cup? Duh? Get thee to a television tomorrow morning and thank your lucky stars that you aren't trying to get a boat fixed in France like wot I am.

I'm wasted here. Well, I was wasted last friday anyway.

Note for H, B and T: above use of "wasted" is humourous also: double meaning of wasted 1) as in "extremely drunk" and also 2) the humour is wasted on you i.e. has passed you by. Possibly like the world cup...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/020608/2/umf.html

tcm

Visit site
Re: disaster

The icemaker's knackered! Well, not knackered, but sometimes it seems to not make ice, although at other times it's fine.

Also, two hinges have broken on a deck chair. Also a spring on the crew cabin. And the companionway handle is a bit rattly too! Just now the skipper has reported that we a short of two snorkels, a waveboard, and perhaps an extra breadbasket so they have to be sourced too.

lanason

Visit site
Re: disaster

My boat has a few little things that need fixing :-
A piston came through the top of the engine and landed in the cockpit.
The Sea Toilet let water in and flooded the cabin.
The Rope holding the Outboard on the back broke and the outboard sunk.
The davit broke punchering a big hole in the Dingy.
and worst of all the Burgee got wet when it rained .....

Tough life ........ ;-))
ps What is an Ice maker ??

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: broken engine bits

Mechanic takes rebuilt V8 engine for a test, comes back half an hour later declaring to owner "your alternator's knackered" Owner thinks that's strange only put a new one last month. "What's wrong with it?" he asks "a conrod's gone through it" grunts the mechanic:))

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
Re: 1st round exit for hlb, BarryD Trev

why don't you do what the Germans do - put you r beach towel on the poontoon the night before, far less valuable than the tender :)

Peter

Not everything is black and white if you prove otherwise you’ll get run over on a zebra crossing

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: 1st round exit for hlb, BarryD Trev

Sorry. Not feeling very humourous today. Burgurars through the night. Vidio camera Nicked. Tutts car, My car keys. So I've no car either. All the keys for the house, tutts driving licence and 300 quid. Her mobile phone and eerr. Dont know what else. It's frightening. We did not hear a thing. Did some one mention a football match. Who's playing??

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn