The new marina

G

Regarding this new marina - have people seen the charges? The full rate, including harbour dues, once all the facilities are available is £2.82 per meter. As they are not all available, the rate is reduced to £2.54 per meter!!! Is this the most expensive charge this year? Our yacht is 25 ft. If charged at 7.64 meters, this will amount to £19.40 per night!!! It is about time we all protested. See the Harbour masters website at www.phc.co.uk to send an e-mail if you feel as I do that these charges will only drive other charges upwards..

G

I visited the new marina this weekend 'Dolphin Haven' and was surprised to find myself grounded as I motored to my berth. Another boat reported similar problems on the same day.

The draft was 1.8 metres and we touched on soft mud but please be warned. Don't attempt to go anywhere near the outside wall, or like me, to turn the boat in the area outside of the pontoon berths. The harbour master also led me to understand that the area at the end of the marina which is reserved for fishing boats and which appears to be a useful turning space has a limited amount of water. Unfortunately, he was unable to be precise about the depth because he hasn't yet seen the chart of the soundings.

Has anyone else had problems?

G

The cost oh god the cost

I was working on a 73' boat belonging to a sail training organisation which has been in Poole recently. We got a discount in Dolphin for being a charity but it is still so expensive that it is hard to see how the organisation can justify going there. And to charge that much when there are no proper facilities built yet!

G

That was not to buy the marina - only to stay one night!