The last post

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Woke up this morning to replys to my last two posts from jonjo and nigech.
Seems they are offended. That kind of rudeness aint where I want to be. As for cynical? well jonjo that is why we are sailing away to follow dreams.

So we are leaving the forum...guys you can both be happy again.

Thanks to the rest of you for all your support,tips, and interest in our plans.

If you have dreams don't listen to the real cynics.. do your own thing.

Happy sailing

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/yacht/serafina/

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Grow up the lot of you.
NigeCh- surely its up to Kim to hand out any telling offs? Can't the rest of us just get on with enjoying the forum?
Jonic - What ever happened to 'sticks and stones' and all that? Some people were just born miserable s*ds and are only happy when they're moaning (I know, because I'm like that Monday mornings). Just ignore them.
I remember why I stopped posting on this forum. Its like a cross between a play school and a WI meeting around here sometimes!

Buck

Visit site
Have a great time out there you two, don't worry about these lot, they are just envious, sour grapes abound when people hear of others following their dreams.
Fair winds and good health.

Buck

The thing about men and fish is one is always trying to eat the other.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Ahem..........I don't know what to say, but thanks.
We have gone from feeling really saddened this morning to chipper again.
We have enjoyed sharing our pre-departure thoughts (and mistakes) with you all and we have learnt a hell of a lot too.
Certainly didn't want to make a fuss and Kims word goes. Serafinas url is her hompage and deliberatley does not mention the dreaded f** S*** in the url.

You didn't get to see jonjo's post as Kim removed it I think (thanks Kim) but he got personal about the boat and that hurt the most. (and seemed daft)
Jojo re-read the bio, I do special effects photography.

Jacket you are right about sticks and stones. I'm 35 for God's sake.

Thanks again guys

Visit site
> they are just envious, sour grapes abound when people hear of others following > their dreams.

I have no cause for envy, I crossed the Atlantic 2 weeks behind the very first ARC fleet.

Anyhow there is a lifetime's worth of sailing dreams to be indulged in within European waters, one does not have to race off to the Caribbean to fulfil dreams.

Visit site
> a personal sig. containing a URL is considered quite ok.

Agreed and jonic's now amended sig is perfectly reasonable. My objection was that in the space of 3 days he initiated about 5 discussion threads that directly or indirectly lead to his advert.

Visit site
> You didn't get to see jonjo's post as Kim removed it I think (thanks Kim)

You neglect to mention that a greater number of your posts received similar attention from Kim.

> he got personal about the boat

I used one mild adjective to reinforce the point there was nothing so compelling about your yacht sale that warranted transgression of forum rules about unsolicited direct selling. I own a VW Passat and would not be offended if someone described it as mundane. In car analogy terms I would say you are trading up from a Citroen Xantia to a Landrover Discovery, have I upset you again ;-)

> Jojo re-read the bio, I do special effects photography.

I just did so again, is reads "creative ad production sales director", hence my original "marking professional" description of you.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
jonjo I see you are out to spoil mine and Nicola's day again. We have both been to the carribean several times. We're not out to see who can do the most....nah nah nah nah...you are missing the point. Read the cruising life or sell up and sell. Nicola wants to continue writting her film scripts and I with my photography the to teach sailing. As for the the ulr it has always been like that and it is only you that keeps drawing attention to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i suppose we should say thanks.
LEAVE US ALONE

Visit site
> LEAVE US ALONE

I had planned to ignore you but then YOU decided to perpetuate this argument after Kim's moditorial deletions.

Buck

Visit site
Jonjo,

Other people have already brought this act to the rich and the ready, your tirade of defense and further assault is making you look bad, just leave it mate, this forum is a friendly place, we all make the odd mistake but we don't need to keep perpetuating them. You two kiss and make up. Jonic are following their dreams not yours, not mine, not anyone elses, theirs. They are excited about the adventure, hence lots of posts, as far as the rules are concerned, I have only ever given them a cursory glance, and I imagine that you are not anal enough (despite driving a Passat(sorry)) to read and re-read them on a constant basis. When Kim drew attention to the fact Jonic appologised and did'nt allude to the sale anymore, they already admitted the henious crime of being net newbies after all.
All in all the various threads started by Jonic have resulted in a lot of interesting reading, which I'm sure a lot of people would agree with, you will probably miss them when they sail off.
Jammy bastards.

Buck

The thing about men and fish is one is always trying to eat the other.

G

Handbags at dawn... ;- ))

"El manana es nuestro, companero..."

G

Moonshine is moored four boats down from me and I had the privilege of meeting John and Nicola this afternoon when they took delivery.
I'm jealous as hell but that doesn't mean I have to hate them! Good luck and fair winds guys! And more important, keep posting because, jealous or not, I for one enjoy reading the adventures others are having.
Oh, and if that means they have to use all available options to sell their current boat, good luck to them!

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Gosh

What have we started here? For the last time if we offended anyone 'cos we have a PRIVATE boat to sell and did not know the rules WE ARE SORRY, ok? Can we just leave it and forget the childish insults.

Now the good stuff.........

We did the partial handover of the corsair yesterday...still waiting for the bank but all looks ok. So very exciting morning. But made very special by Scamander. First of all as he was loading gear onto his boat, he stopped by and asked if we were the couple on the forum. We were gobsmacked, I was wondering if he was one of our less than friendly scuttlebutters and was going to thump us, lecture us or hit us with a handbag. No, he was fantastic and very enthusiastic and gave us his best wishes. Really meant a lot to us, but what he has modestly ommited to say in his post was he came back half an hour later with a bottle of champagne!! Scamander you have no idea what that meant, Nicola filled up with tears and had to hold them back, (I had a bit of dirt in my eye at the time) What can we say, a total stranger does something like that to two daft saliors. Thankyou.

We have also had some pm and e-mail with hints and tips and even offers to send personal books. Thanks to everyone!

We shall open the bottle of champagne tonight with shore-support (Nicola's mother)
and toast everyone who has been so generous with their experience and encouragement.

I think my spellings off, Nicola has put us on a pre wedding diet and its made my head go funny.

G

Keep Posting

Well there you go. It just goes to show that there is more good than bad in this world. A lot of people got enjoyment from your posts, and it would be a shame not to hear more about your adventures. So please disregard the petty mindness of of a few and KEEP POSTING.

Have a good one.