The importance of not relying on smell chuckers

IanPoole2

Visit site
Re: was that...

I used to have a neighbour whose name was Fukamuchi (Japanese Lady), honestly that was how it was pronounced, I always thought the Japanese characters spelling her name could have been v. entertaining.

Metabarca

Visit site
Re: The importance of not relying on smell chucker

I've two little tales to add to this, from my own experience. The first was an article about black straw boaters for ladies (called 'sailors'). The headline - which almost made it to press - was 'Why not spend summer under a big black sailor?'

The second was from the newspaper for which I worked and I must admit twas I who spoiled 'A confidential director with hinge problems' to read 'A confident director with huge problems'. Which was much less fun tho' perhaps not for the pivotally-challenged man in question.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We apologize for the error in last week's paper in which we referred to Lieutenant General Harty Manly-Cove as a "battle scared warrior" . What we should have said, of course, was that Lieutenant General Harty Manly-Cove is a bottle-scarred warrior. - Correction Notice (possibly)

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Re: The importance of not relying on smell chucker

For many years I have owned a little book called "Fritz Spiegel's Press Clangers - or what the papers didn't mean to say". From time to time I scan through it and inevitably finish doubled up with laughter.

My all time favourite has to be one from a wartime headline " US Army push bottles up Germans" but another that always gets me going is "electric bowel airer" from a sale catalogue.

jimi

Visit site
Re: Northern Echo (I think)...

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gifBrilliant ... I've just dropped the laptop on the floor /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

claymore

Visit site
Actually

The chap who used to own the Carrbridge Ski School was called Carl Fuchs and he had a daughter called Lizi - I spent ages trying to find out if it was true - fruitlessly I would add.

regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Cornishman

Visit site
The Death of Samson - The Guardian Corrections & Clarifications page.
Delilah's statement should have read "I love cutting men's locks off".