Terminology for hose

www.sailing-south.com
Hi all
I need to order some below waterline pipe to replace engine cooling water inlet (1" ID) and cockpit drain (1½" ID)
What should I be asking for?
If I were in the UK I would just ask the above but I am in Spain and my Spanish is not technical.
Checking on SVB and ASAP I can't see what I would expect to see ie spiral reinforced hose.
Can anyone tell me/send me link of what I should asking for please?

AndrewB

Visit site
Not spiral reinforced which are normally for high-pressure applications. But assuming your engine cooling water hose runs close to the engine, it must be heat resistant.

www.sailing-south.com
Not spiral reinforced which are normally for high-pressure applications. But assuming your engine cooling water hose runs close to the engine, it must be heat resistant.
Thanks Andrew. No not near the engine, I have installed a strainer in the engine bay, which the pipe is feeding. However my slight concern is my engine is a 36hp and should the inlet become slightly blocked, I don't want it to collapse.

wrr

Visit site
The water inlet hose should meet two requirements: fire resistant so that it does not burn through in an engine fire, resulting in sinking, which is a rather drastic way to put a fire out, and not collapsing due to suction if the water intake is blocked. The relevant standards are ISO 13363 2B and RINA DIP 123816/CS , either or both of which should be stamped on the hose. Once, having struggled to remove an existing inlet hose and replace it with the above specification as required by a surveyor, I found these numbers on the underside of the existing hose that I had just mangled!