Tender conversion to sailing

Visit site
Given the forecast, I might suggest putting it off for a couple of days; unless the spectators have really strong tele' lenses to see you going into Russian waters...:)

might have to wait till tuesday yes. I am planning to try it on the "paddling pool" between Cobden and Northam bridge, more sheltered, and more bank that is walkable in case of disaster!

dancrane

Visit site
Various tedious preoccupations distracted me from your test-sail, Mr Clown. It's been light winds, perfect for experimenting...

...did you go?

Visit site
Various tedious preoccupations distracted me from your test-sail, Mr Clown. It's been light winds, perfect for experimenting...

...did you go?

nope, a proper sail, then work have got in the way. I am under the hammer tomorrow and saturday morning, but hopefully sat afternoon I might be able to give it a try. If I take and engine I could go down to pick Karen up by Cobden bridge, then if we cant make progress we could fire up the mighty seagull and cheat our way back.

dancrane

Visit site
Hmm, well now...we're all a month older, but there's been no update on the sailing inflatable.

I hope the day of Torch torture hasn't put you off, Mr Clown?

Visit site
Hmm, well now...we're all a month older, but there's been no update on the sailing inflatable.

I hope the day of Torch torture hasn't put you off, Mr Clown?

we just haven't had time, what with work, selling the trident, getting the big wooden yacht ready to move, and life in general all conspiring to rob us of time

dancrane

Visit site
Understood. I've barely been out myself, but without any excuses.

Keep us posted on the plan though...still want to be there, filming. :biggrin-new:

lampshuk

Visit site
Following up on my earlier post, I dragged my old Sevylor dinghy out of the garage and set up the rig, so for those who are interested:

Rig.JPG

leeboard.JPG

transom.JPG

Last edited:

dancrane

Visit site
Looks fun. Tell us how she sails?

Sailing%20inflatable_zpsfylxvg0c.png

lampshuk

Visit site
"...Tell us how she sails?"

Mostly sideways.

I wouldn't recommend it as a serious sailing tender, but as a bit of fun on beach or lake it makes a change.

ianabc

Visit site
Suggest cutting out almost all of fabric floor leaving a bandwidth attached to the tubes.

Glue with polyurethane glue

An aluminum rib type floor to the remaining floor all around flap.

The one I saw did have a through bolted reinforcing strip.

A centerbiard slot and or seat cs n be bolted in later.

The Avon altered like this had been used for years.