tempting offer...

rogerroger

www.myboatdetails.com
went to Goport jumble today: Clipper wind system thingy £220 list price, mine for £150!

Wasn't really on the shopping list but had to have it at that price, so a trip up the mast is immanent when she goes back in the drink... oh my gawd, golf was so much less hassle.

Sir Edmund Hilary

Roger Holden
www.first-magnitude.co.uk

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
At least with sailing you don't lose your Balls. Mind be carefull up the mast!

Its not height that frightens me but the fear of hitting the ground.

Trevor

Charieis

Visit site
Take measures to avoid the interest of the wandering albatross, you may find that your masthead becomes even more attractive to them! I fitted the same instument two seasons ago. The vane was broken off in two weeks and the anemometer cups in three months. The replacement vane lasted all of three months before breaking off again. They appear to be made from a plastic that becomes very brittle very quickly - probably due to UV exposure. NASA were not interested in any comments/suggestions other than selling me new bits. I thought that was a bit steep after only two weeks use! Anyway I am now making my own vane from some thin fibregass material and will taper the thickness to spread the stresses. I hope the hub doesn't fall apart this time! Still, if it does, I've always got a spare!

robp

Visit site
If you hit the ground when you fall off the mast, your navigation's wrong.

Either that, or you're trusting those props!