Temporary Admission check in and out

jcwads

Visit site
Has anyone had experience of checking out of and back in to Sardinia. I have my VAT run coming up soon from Cagliari, Sardinia to Bizerte, Tunisia.

I have a yacht agent set up for the Tunisia part, but just checking protocal for leaving and returning to the EU. I am assuming I visit the Cagliari "Agenzia delle Dogane e dei Monopoli" to check out and then check back in under TA.

Would be helpful to hear from anyone who has done this before.

Thanks

jointventureII

Visit site
Yes we do this more or less annually.

Ask the Capitaneria first, or the marina office, they'll probably point you to the Agenzia delle Dogane but sometimes this changes. I've been to Bizerte at least 10 times, been checked thoroughly by the health departement, police and customs in Bizerte (on arrival and leaving) but not once coming back into Europe (either straight to Olbia, Cagliari or the Balearics).

Out of interest, who's the agent in Bizerte? Make sure you take fuel at the marina fuel pump, always cheaper and considerably faster. We were given fuel with a flashpoint lower than 60°c last time, I was a bit concerned but it didn't cause any issues at all.

Also, there is a small sand bar that sticks out a tiny bit at the entrance to Bizerte which seems to shift a lot - I've done what I can in the below picture to show where - it's usually OK but I've been in there on some years and it's very very shallow, (like less than 2 metres deep). You'll easily see where the shallow section is when you enter (assuming it's daylight) so it's nothing to worry about.

PS I'm talking about a superyacht here, not the little thing in my avatar picture!
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 17.29.37.png

jcwads

Visit site
Yes we do this more or less annually.

Ask the Capitaneria first, or the marina office, they'll probably point you to the Agenzia delle Dogane but sometimes this changes. I've been to Bizerte at least 10 times, been checked thoroughly by the health departement, police and customs in Bizerte (on arrival and leaving) but not once coming back into Europe (either straight to Olbia, Cagliari or the Balearics).

Out of interest, who's the agent in Bizerte? Make sure you take fuel at the marina fuel pump, always cheaper and considerably faster. We were given fuel with a flashpoint lower than 60°c last time, I was a bit concerned but it didn't cause any issues at all.

Also, there is a small sand bar that sticks out a tiny bit at the entrance to Bizerte which seems to shift a lot - I've done what I can in the below picture to show where - it's usually OK but I've been in there on some years and it's very very shallow, (like less than 2 metres deep). You'll easily see where the shallow section is when you enter (assuming it's daylight) so it's nothing to worry about.

PS I'm talking about a superyacht here, not the little thing in my avatar picture!
View attachment 178364
Many thanks. We will be heading back to Cagliari so need to make sure on arrival back to Sardinia I get the temporary admission paperwork all sorted correctly….

Agent was recommended by another forum member some time ago @jrudge. I think it’s called Yacht Services Tunisia.